Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- The Value Proposition for Badging in Higher Education Professional Development
August 20, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE Live! - The Value Proposition for Badging in Higher Education Professional Development
What's all the buzz about badging? Badging has rapidly become a viable method to document accomplishments gained throughout your career, whether before, during, or after completing a degree.…
- Understanding the Evolution of E-Portfolio Practice: Where Do We Go from Here?
January 13, 2014
Join Malcolm Brown and Veronica Diaz as they moderate this webinar with Gary Brown and Helen Chen. According to ECAR's annual study of undergraduate students and IT, seven times as many st…
- Quality Matters for MOOCs: Results and Implications of the First QM MOOC Reviews
December 2, 2013
In this webinar we’ll present the results of the first set of Quality Matters reviews of MOOCs developed for general and remedial education students. The strengths and weaknesses, relat…
- Assessment of E-Book Strategies
June 25, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Assessment of E-Book Strategies
What do we know about the use and acceptance of e-books by students and faculty? At the December CNI Executive Roundtable, "E-book Strategies," several institutions reported on data col…
- Fostering a Place for Invention and Creation: Two Approaches to Makerspaces on Campus
October 28, 2013
Learn how two institutions provide space for fabrication and collaboration with access to advanced tools such as 3D printers and laser cutters. Case Western Reserve University's thin…
- The EDUCAUSE 2014 Top-Ten IT Issues: Be the Change You See
April 16, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - The EDUCAUSE 2014 Top-Ten IT Issues
This year marks a turning point for higher education IT organizations, when the new ideas, solutions, and models that have been accumulating in higher education and technology will hit them-and t…
- Sifting Through Data: Completion, Motivation, and Learning in Minnesota MOOCs
March 20, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Sifting Through Data
University of Minnesota's first five MOOCs during the summer of 2013. This large-N study draws on pre- and posttest course data to offer an empirically grounded picture of who the students a…
- The Horizon Report in Action: Emerging Technologies Today and Tomorrow
March 12, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - The Horizon Report in Action
Wondering what the new developments in educational technology are for higher education? Join Malcolm Brown and Veronica Diaz of the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) as they review the Horizon R…
- Geographies of Learning: How Students Navigate, Use and Learn from Digital Resources
February 19, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Geographies of Learning
We report key findings from a large-scale study of students' use of digital resource sponsored by the National Science Foundation. We surveyed a broad sample of students in postsecondary edu…
- A Framework for Institutional Adoption and Implementation of Blended Learning in Higher Education
August 19, 2013
While many studies have investigated blended learning effectiveness at the course level, very few provide guidance for adoption and implementation of blended learning at the institutional level. …