Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- New Year, New Challenges: Preparing Your Campus for Data Privacy and Security Issues in the Year Ahead
December 19, 2013
As technology continues to evolve, so do the data privacy and security risks facing colleges and universities. New products and programs have made it easier to teach, gather, and share informat…
- Top 10 IT Issues, 2015: Inflection Point
February 4, 2015
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Top 10 IT Issues, 2015: Inflection Point
Change continues to characterize the EDUCAUSE Top 10 IT Issues in 2015. The pace of change seems not to be slowing but rather increasing. Higher education information technology seems to have rea…
- The Power of Privacy and the Passion to Build Something Better
January 20, 2015
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - The Power of Privacy and the Passion to Build Something Better
Privacy is a systems management and compliance issue, a unique and dynamic student and faculty requirement, and a topic of expanding innovative possibilities as an ever-present element in higher …
- Helping Higher Education Leaders Understand IT: An EDUCAUSE Pilot Program
October 23, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Helping Higher Education Leaders Understand IT
IT leaders must continually communicate and promote the strategic role that information technology plays in addressing key challenges for institutions and for higher education. EDUCAUSE has begun d…
- CIO Insights on Cybersecurity
October 14, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE Live - CIO Insights on Cybersecurity
Join three CIOs as higher ed celebrates the 11th anniversary of National Cyber Security Awareness Month this October. In addition to talking about current information security issues on their cam…
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity Engagement for Colleges and Universities
July 24, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity Engagement for Colleges and Universities
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is increasing its efforts to enhance cybersecurity awareness and network protection at colleges and universities in response to the recent wave of c…
- Who Moved My Office? The Evolving Role of the CISO
June 19, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Who Moved My Office? The Evolving Role of the CISO
In a fast-paced world of innovation, mobility, outsourcing, and social technology, today's chief information security officers must possess a blend of warrior-like technical skills combined …
- Creating the IT Architecture for the Connected Age
August 1, 2013
Beyond MOOCs: Is IT Creating a New, Connected Age? A 3 Day Sprint - August 1st, 2013 The last day of the EDUCAUSE Sprint 2013 features Tracy Futhey, vice president for informatio…
- The Top-Ten Issues in Higher Education IT for 2013
June 11, 2013
The annual EDUCAUSE Top-Ten IT Issues , one of the most enduringly popular EDUCAUSE publications, has just been released for 2013. What are this year's top IT issues, how do they compare …
- Location, Location, Location
January 30, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Location, Location, Location
Two contradicting federal court decisions in December 2013 focus on whether the National Security Agency's massive data collection program is constitutional because it does not probe into th…