Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Cybersecurity [x]
- Security Management (45)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (20)
- Privacy (19)
- Policy and Law (16)
- Identity and Access Management (15)
- Federal Policy and Law (13)
- Network Security and Applications (11)
- Security Awareness (10)
- Data Security (9)
- Distributed Computing (9)
- Federal Privacy Law (9)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (9)
- Data Privacy (8)
- Mobile Computing (8)
- Mobile Security (7)
- Cybersecurity Policy (6)
- Online Privacy (6)
- Teaching and Learning (6)
- Campus Policy and Law (5)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Privacy and the Connected Campus
May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. ET (UTC-4); convert to your time zone As students, scholars, and administrators use today’s connected online tools , they leave behind a “ d…
- Data Privacy Month: Are You Smarter Than Your Phone?
January 9, 2013
Nearly everyone on a college campus today has a mobile phone, capable of accomplishing amazing tasks while on the go. But, how SHOULD you make use of your smartphone? You are smarter than your ph…
- Privacy Officers around the Virtual Water Cooler
January 30, 2013
This conversational webinar explores how three higher education Chief Privacy Officers (CPOs) are addressing current privacy challenges on campus. …
- Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite
October 4, 2012
Drawing on more than 30 years of global experience, Dave Cullinane will share challenges that CISOs face while in the C-suite. This session will focus on how to advance executive understanding …
- Rolling Out a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Program
June 5, 2012
Use of personally owned devices continues to grow on campuses. If we don’t support these devices , community members will find their own way to support them, which could put our networks…
- HEISC Town Hall Webinar: 2012-2013 Strategic Plan
January 9, 2012
In this webinar, the Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) discussed the following topics; Information security changes in the past 10 years Ongoing challenges for sec…
- lol…OMG!: What Everyone Needs to Know About Online Reputation Management
January 30, 2012
Speaker: Matt Ivester, founder of JuicyCampus and author of lol...OMG! The ease with which digital content can be shared online, in addition to its many benefits, has created a host of…
- We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help You: Privacy Issues and Initiatives at the U.S. Department of Education
January 25, 2012
This webinar is one in a series celebrating Data Privacy Month 2012 . Speakers: Kathleen M. Styles, Chief Privacy Officer, U.S. Department of Education and Michael B. Hawes, Statistical Pri…
- Launch of Data Privacy Month for Higher Education
January 4, 2011
For several years EDUCAUSE and the Higher Education Information Security Council have been promoting October as National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Beginning in 2012, we will begin a simila…
- Privacy and Security Risks in Higher Education
January 10, 2012
This webinar is one in a series celebrating Data Privacy Month 2012 . Privacy is a major and often underappreciated risk area for institutions of higher education. Many data security brea…