Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Who Moved My Office? The Evolving Role of the CISO
June 19, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Who Moved My Office? The Evolving Role of the CISO
In a fast-paced world of innovation, mobility, outsourcing, and social technology, today's chief information security officers must possess a blend of warrior-like technical skills combined …
- Creating the IT Architecture for the Connected Age
August 1, 2013
Beyond MOOCs: Is IT Creating a New, Connected Age? A 3 Day Sprint - August 1st, 2013 The last day of the EDUCAUSE Sprint 2013 features Tracy Futhey, vice president for informatio…
- The Top-Ten Issues in Higher Education IT for 2013
June 11, 2013
The annual EDUCAUSE Top-Ten IT Issues , one of the most enduringly popular EDUCAUSE publications, has just been released for 2013. What are this year's top IT issues, how do they compare …
- Location, Location, Location
January 30, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Location, Location, Location
Two contradicting federal court decisions in December 2013 focus on whether the National Security Agency's massive data collection program is constitutional because it does not probe into th…
- Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite
October 4, 2012
Drawing on more than 30 years of global experience, Dave Cullinane will share challenges that CISOs face while in the C-suite. This session will focus on how to advance executive understanding …
- 8 Mobile Device Security Steps
October 1, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - 8 Mobile Device Security Steps
Every organization is challenged to rapidly deploy mobile device security. The SANS 8 Mobile Device Security Steps is a community-driven project to provide the most up-to-date information on the …
- Rolling Out a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Program
June 5, 2012
Use of personally owned devices continues to grow on campuses. If we don’t support these devices , community members will find their own way to support them, which could put our networks…
- HEISC Town Hall Webinar: 2012-2013 Strategic Plan
January 9, 2012
In this webinar, the Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) discussed the following topics; Information security changes in the past 10 years Ongoing challenges for sec…
- Weâ€™re From the Government and Weâ€™re Here to Help You: Privacy Issues and Initiatives at the U.S. Department of Education
January 25, 2012
This webinar is one in a series celebrating Data Privacy Month 2012 . Speakers: Kathleen M. Styles, Chief Privacy Officer, U.S. Department of Education and Michael B. Hawes, Statistical Pri…
- Launch of Data Privacy Month for Higher Education
January 4, 2011
For several years EDUCAUSE and the Higher Education Information Security Council have been promoting October as National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Beginning in 2012, we will begin a simila…