Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Legal Issues for Higher Ed Technology Professionals: Spend an Hour with Lawyers to Prevent Spending Many Hours with Lawyers
February 27, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Legal Issues for Higher Ed Technology Professionals
Although higher education technology professionals may wish to spend their days working on the systems and services that make their campuses go, legal issues creep up in many corners of the field…
- State of the Field: Learning Analytics and Educational Data Mining
August 5, 2013
The analysis of data generated through the learning process offers educators a new lens for assessing and supporting learners. Through analytics and data mining, researchers can discover which be…
- The Enterprise Application Market in Higher Education
October 25, 2012
Learn which solutions colleges and universities have deployed for 16 enterprise-level applications, ranging from financials to student information to CRM. Using data from the Core Data Service, t…
- From Data to Action: Driving Innovation through Predictive Analytics
September 10, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - From Data to Action
Higher education institutions are increasingly looking to deliver and analyze data to drive results. Colleges and universities are working to increase student retention and assist students' …
- Coordinated Autonomy: Central ERP in the Decentralized Institution
August 21, 2012
The challenges of higher education ERP are daunting: consensus decision making, varied stakeholders, and unique requirements that stretch vendor solutions to the limit. Harvard and Johns Hopk…
- Analytics for Enterprise Efficiency and Effectiveness
July 26, 2012
Analytics: A 3 Day Sprint - July 26th, 2012 How is analytics used in the enterprise area? What kinds of data governance, policies and infrastructure need to be in place to ensure effective…
- What Does Analytics Mean for Higher Education?
July 24, 2012
Analytics: A 3 Day Sprint - July 24th, 2012 Hear what analytics means for higher education and IT from experienced leaders. Preview the results of a nationwide survey of analytics in higher ed…
- National Status of Data Management: Current Research in Policy and Education
June 21, 2012
This panel features updates from three interrelated projects examining the data management ecosystem to determine requirements and best practices in policy, graduate education, and professional…
- Enterprise Analytics and the CIO
May 10, 2012
Analytics has been the hot topic in business circles and is becoming increasingly important in higher education. CIOs play a special role in establishing and advancing analytics initiatives wit…
- Accessibility and Usability: Working Together at MIT
April 4, 2012
The usability and accessibility teams in MIT’s Department of Information Services and Technology have always worked closely together, but were formally merged during a department-wide reorgani…