Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Finding the Public Domain: 19 Institutions Making an Impact
November 5, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Finding the Public Domain
Working together through the IMLS-grant funded Copyright Review Management System (CRMS), nineteen libraries collaborate daily in identifying public domain volumes held in the HathiTrust Digital Li…
- Assessment of E-Book Strategies
June 25, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Assessment of E-Book Strategies
What do we know about the use and acceptance of e-books by students and faculty? At the December CNI Executive Roundtable, "E-book Strategies," several institutions reported on data col…
- Ithaka S+R US Library Survey 2013
July 10, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Ithaka S+R US Library Survey 2013
In fall 2013, Ithaka S+R surveyed academic library deans and directors across the US on their organizational vision and strategy, resource planning, and decision making. With a response rate of m…
- The Unified Organization: Fighting the Silo Tendency
June 20, 2013
Abraham Lincoln said it well: "A house divided against itself cannot stand." We all know that there is strength in unity, and yet all too often, IT and library staff operate in silos …
- HathiTrust: The Collection and Its Uses
May 6, 2013
John Wilkin and Sigrid Anderson Cordell provide an overview of HathiTrust and will discuss some uses of the materials in the repository. HathiTrust is the world's largest research libr…
- Higher Education in the Ultra-Connected Age
April 25, 2013
New forms of scholarship, new educational pathways , and new interconnections and dependencies characterize the digitally rich landscape of higher education today. We are living and workin…
- The Horizon Report in Action: Emerging Technologies Today and Tomorrow
March 27, 2013
Wondering what’s new in mobiles, electronic books, learning analytics , and other emerging technology areas? Join Malcolm Brown and Veronica Diaz of the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative as t…
- Geographies of Learning: How Students Navigate, Use and Learn from Digital Resources
February 19, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Geographies of Learning
We report key findings from a large-scale study of students' use of digital resource sponsored by the National Science Foundation. We surveyed a broad sample of students in postsecondary edu…
- The PressForward Project and Scholarly Communication on the Open Web
February 21, 2013
A healthy ecosystem for scholarly communication requires a continuum from independently distributed work to postpublication peer review. With funding from the Sloan Foundation, the Roy Rosenzwe…
- Born Digital - and Accessible
January 28, 2013
Join Malcolm Brown, EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative director, and Veronica Diaz, ELI associate director, as they moderate this webinar with Larry Goldberg and Madeleine Rothberg of WGBH NCAM. The di…