Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- State of the Field: Learning Analytics and Educational Data Mining
August 5, 2013
The analysis of data generated through the learning process offers educators a new lens for assessing and supporting learners. Through analytics and data mining, researchers can discover which be…
- IT as a Force of Change
July 30, 2013
Beyond MOOCs: Is IT Creating a New, Connected Age? A 3 Day Sprint - July 30th, 2013 In the opening session for the EDUCAUSE Sprint 2013, Elliot Masie, CEO of the MASIE Center, discuss…
- Using Predictive Analytics to Improve Student Success
July 9, 2013
As provost of a regional university, Tristan Denley has pioneered initiatives employing predictive analytics and choice architecture to improve college completion and students' academic succ…
- The Top-Ten Issues in Higher Education IT for 2013
June 11, 2013
The annual EDUCAUSE Top-Ten IT Issues , one of the most enduringly popular EDUCAUSE publications, has just been released for 2013. What are this year's top IT issues, how do they compare …
- Analytics and Metaphors: Grounding Our Understanding in a Conceptual Framework
June 3, 2013
The popularity of the analytics movement in education has given rise to a large number of platforms, all of which intend to increase the probability of student success . In this webinar, Dziub…
- Privacy and the Connected Campus
May 21, 2013
As students, scholars, and administrators use today’s connected online tools , they leave behind a “ data exhaust ” that can reveal a surprisingly detailed picture of individual activi…
- Leading Large IT Projects the Small-College Way
May 8, 2013
Smaller colleges and universities function in distinctive environments with unique challenges and opportunities. From campus-wide mobile technology to ERP implementations, smaller instituti…
- Changing the Culture of an IT Organization, Whirlwind Style
April 11, 2013
Yale’s IT organization is in transformation mode. The journey over the past 18 months has covered everything: a major reorganization; a top-to-bottom and side-to-side implementation of ITI L…
- The Horizon Report in Action: Emerging Technologies Today and Tomorrow
March 27, 2013
Wondering what’s new in mobiles, electronic books, learning analytics , and other emerging technology areas? Join Malcolm Brown and Veronica Diaz of the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative as t…
- The Beginning of Something Big
March 7, 2013
Thanks to MOOCs, online learning has gained worldwide attention from academic leaders, trustees, legislators, and the media. The power of technology enables massive scale and allows learning and …