Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Library Taxonomy
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- New Year, New Challenges: Preparing Your Campus for Data Privacy and Security Issues in the Year Ahead
December 19, 2013
As technology continues to evolve, so do the data privacy and security risks facing colleges and universities. New products and programs have made it easier to teach, gather, and share informat…
- Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity and Safety on Your Campus and in Your Community
October 7, 2015
A session at the EDUCAUSE Live! - Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity and Safety on Your Campus and in Your Community
Awareness and education are key elements of creating a culture of safety on campus. For 11 years, the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) has spearheaded National Cyber Security Awareness Mon…
- The Top-Ten Issues in Higher Education IT for 2013
June 11, 2013
The annual EDUCAUSE Top-Ten IT Issues , one of the most enduringly popular EDUCAUSE publications, has just been released for 2013. What are this year's top IT issues, how do they compare …
- Who Moved My Office? The Evolving Role of the CISO
June 19, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Who Moved My Office? The Evolving Role of the CISO
In a fast-paced world of innovation, mobility, outsourcing, and social technology, today's chief information security officers must possess a blend of warrior-like technical skills combined …
- Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite
October 4, 2012
Drawing on more than 30 years of global experience, Dave Cullinane will share challenges that CISOs face while in the C-suite. This session will focus on how to advance executive understanding …
- Rolling Out a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Program
June 5, 2012
Use of personally owned devices continues to grow on campuses. If we don’t support these devices , community members will find their own way to support them, which could put our networks…
- 8 Mobile Device Security Steps
October 1, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - 8 Mobile Device Security Steps
Every organization is challenged to rapidly deploy mobile device security. The SANS 8 Mobile Device Security Steps is a community-driven project to provide the most up-to-date information on the …
- HEISC Town Hall Webinar: 2012-2013 Strategic Plan
January 9, 2012
In this webinar, the Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) discussed the following topics; Information security changes in the past 10 years Ongoing challenges for sec…
- Privacy and Security Risks in Higher Education
January 10, 2012
This webinar is one in a series celebrating Data Privacy Month 2012 . Privacy is a major and often underappreciated risk area for institutions of higher education. Many data security brea…
- Cybersecurity as a Shared Responsibility: Stop, Think, and Connect
October 4, 2011
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month . In this webinar, representatives from the White House, the U.S. Department of Education, and the Higher Education Information Security Cou…