Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- The Value Proposition for Badging in Higher Education Professional Development
August 20, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE Live! - The Value Proposition for Badging in Higher Education Professional Development
What's all the buzz about badging? Badging has rapidly become a viable method to document accomplishments gained throughout your career, whether before, during, or after completing a degree.…
- Advancing Without New Resources
August 12, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE Live! - Advancing without New Resources
As we look to the future of IT services in higher education, five things are almost certain: (1) demand for IT services and infrastructure will continue to grow; (2) off-premise (cloud) services …
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity Engagement for Colleges and Universities
July 24, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity Engagement for Colleges and Universities
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is increasing its efforts to enhance cybersecurity awareness and network protection at colleges and universities in response to the recent wave of c…
- Assessment of E-Book Strategies
June 25, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Assessment of E-Book Strategies
What do we know about the use and acceptance of e-books by students and faculty? At the December CNI Executive Roundtable, "E-book Strategies," several institutions reported on data col…
- Ithaka S+R US Library Survey 2013
July 10, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Ithaka S+R US Library Survey 2013
In fall 2013, Ithaka S+R surveyed academic library deans and directors across the US on their organizational vision and strategy, resource planning, and decision making. With a response rate of m…
- Who Moved My Office? The Evolving Role of the CISO
June 19, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Who Moved My Office? The Evolving Role of the CISO
In a fast-paced world of innovation, mobility, outsourcing, and social technology, today's chief information security officers must possess a blend of warrior-like technical skills combined …
- The Foundations of a High-Performance ITS Organization
May 28, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - The Foundations of a High-Performance ITS Organization
With a rapidly changing environment, ever-increasing demands for resources, and the need for greater agility and transparency, IT organizations must have the right structures in place to ensure s…
- Researchers and the Petabyte Go Global: Preparing the Next Generation of Innovators
May 13, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Researchers and the Petabyte Go Global
New technologies and new cloud infrastructures are changing the landscape of research for all researchers, not just those working in computer science and informatics. Fundamental changes in scale…
- The Mouse That Roared: A Small Consortium Making Big Payoffs
April 29, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - The Mouse That Roared
The NY Six Liberal Arts Consortium has launched a series of initiatives that have produced big payoffs. Join us as the presenters share the experiences of their library and IT departments in over…
- The EDUCAUSE 2014 Top-Ten IT Issues: Be the Change You See
April 16, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - The EDUCAUSE 2014 Top-Ten IT Issues
This year marks a turning point for higher education IT organizations, when the new ideas, solutions, and models that have been accumulating in higher education and technology will hit them-and t…