Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Understanding the Evolution of E-Portfolio Practice: Where Do We Go from Here?
January 13, 2014
Join Malcolm Brown and Veronica Diaz as they moderate this webinar with Gary Brown and Helen Chen. According to ECAR's annual study of undergraduate students and IT, seven times as many st…
- Quality Matters for MOOCs: Results and Implications of the First QM MOOC Reviews
December 2, 2013
In this webinar we’ll present the results of the first set of Quality Matters reviews of MOOCs developed for general and remedial education students. The strengths and weaknesses, relat…
- Fostering a Place for Invention and Creation: Two Approaches to Makerspaces on Campus
October 28, 2013
Learn how two institutions provide space for fabrication and collaboration with access to advanced tools such as 3D printers and laser cutters. Case Western Reserve University's thin…
- A Framework for Institutional Adoption and Implementation of Blended Learning in Higher Education
August 19, 2013
While many studies have investigated blended learning effectiveness at the course level, very few provide guidance for adoption and implementation of blended learning at the institutional level. …
- State of the Field: Learning Analytics and Educational Data Mining
August 5, 2013
The analysis of data generated through the learning process offers educators a new lens for assessing and supporting learners. Through analytics and data mining, researchers can discover which be…
- Using Predictive Analytics to Improve Student Success
July 9, 2013
As provost of a regional university, Tristan Denley has pioneered initiatives employing predictive analytics and choice architecture to improve college completion and students' academic succ…
- Analytics and Metaphors: Grounding Our Understanding in a Conceptual Framework
June 3, 2013
The popularity of the analytics movement in education has given rise to a large number of platforms, all of which intend to increase the probability of student success . In this webinar, Dziub…
- HathiTrust: The Collection and Its Uses
May 6, 2013
John Wilkin and Sigrid Anderson Cordell provide an overview of HathiTrust and will discuss some uses of the materials in the repository. HathiTrust is the world's largest research libr…
- Inclusive Teaching and Learning Practices: Applications of Universal Design
April 1, 2013
Most postsecondary faculty and administrators desire to make teaching and learning opportunities engaging for all students, but many do not feel fully prepared to ensure that their offerings are …
- Beyond the MOOC Hype
February 11, 2013
For almost two decades, the world of online education has been evolving. Entering 2013, we are presented with a confusing array of educational delivery models . The purpose of this webinar is …