Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (183)
- Teaching and Learning (140)
- Policy and Law (88)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (82)
- Federal Policy and Law (78)
- Cybersecurity (60)
- Libraries and Technology (58)
- Institutional Management (55)
- Instructional Technologies (45)
- Security Management (45)
- Information Systems and Services (41)
- Distributed Computing (36)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) (35)
- E-Content (34)
- E-Learning (33)
- Learning (32)
- Mobile Computing (31)
- Intellectual Property (28)
- Analytics (27)
- Planning (24)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- A Conversation with CIOs on Current Campus IT Initiatives and Trends
August 9, 2011
Join leading CIOs in a conversation about their current campus IT issues and initiatives. Hear and discuss the institutional challenges CIO and Senior IT Leaders are facing related to administ…
- A Fresh Look at FERPA
October 17, 2007
In light of recent incidents, and with another school year now under way, it’s a good time to remind ourselves of our obligations—and rights—under FERPA, the federal statute that governs th…
- A Net Gen Student Perspective: Technology in Higher Education
May 7, 2007
University of Central Florida students Jared Lang and Jessica Vargas will discuss how Net Gen students use technology inside and outside the classroom. They will focus on various social networkin…
- A New Culture of Learning: Cultivating the Imagination for a World of Constant Change
March 21, 2011
In A New Culture of Learning , Douglas Thomas and John Seely Brown explore a second sense of culture, one that not only adapts but integrates change into its process as an environmental va…
- A Space of One’s Own: Learning Environments Derived from User-Centered Discovery Techniques
November 21, 2008
Academic libraries are committed to delivering new or improved learning spaces for students. Information/learning commons are de rigueur for libraries seeking to refresh and deepen their engageme…
- A Tale of Two Redesigns
May 2, 2011
John Squires is the chairman of the math department at Chattanooga State Community College, where he is implementing course redesign throughout the department. As the director of the Do the Math …
- A Tale of Two Tracks: Social Engineering Your Students and Detecting Bots with DNS
January 1, 2006
High-speed connections and lots of personal computers make campus networks target-rich environments for malware and botnet recruitment. Without a policy enforcement tool to manage student connect…
- A Vision for Cloud- and Earth-based Services at UC Davis
January 26, 2011
January 26, 2011 LIVE114_263862 …
- A Vision for Cloud—and Earth—Based Services at UC Davis
February 2, 2011
UC Davis is actively pursuing the use of cloud and cloud-like services. Starting with Gmail for Students in 2008, we then migrated our on-campus Sakai learning and collaboration system to an off-…
- Acacia and Beyond—the Growing Threat of Abusive Patents
January 1, 2004
Abusive patents and a broken patent system present an ever-increasing threat to the use of technology in higher education. One company, Acacia Research, recently sent out more than 4,000 letters …