Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Connecting the Dots: Synthesizing Key Topics in the Evolution of E-Content
February 10, 2016
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Connecting the Dots: Synthesizing Key Topics in the Evolution of E-Content
Join us for a fast-paced and interactive salon where we will bring together the EDUCAUSE Review 2015 E-Content columnists to discuss their ideas and how these ideas connect to each other and the …
- The 2016 Top 10 IT Issues
January 13, 2016
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - The 2016 Top 10 IT Issues
The Top 10 IT Issues for 2016 were published in EDUCAUSE Review in January. EDUCAUSE Vice President Susan Grajek and three IT leaders from the IT Issues panel will present the list, discuss why t…
- What's Next in Active Learning? Meeting the Learning Needs of Today's Students with Technology
December 10, 2015
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - What's Next in Active Learning?
Many universities have implemented active learning classrooms (ALCs) or are currently planning these spaces. The University of Oklahoma has seen three years of increasing investment in ALCs throu…
- Students and Faculty on Their IT Experience and Expectations: 2015 ECAR Findings
November 18, 2015
A session at the EDUCAUSE Live! - Students and Faculty on Their IT Experience and Expectations
Are your faculty prepared to leverage mobile devices in creative and engaging ways? Is your campus leadership ready to invest in analytics? Can your wireless infrastructure support the growing de…
- Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity and Safety on Your Campus and in Your Community
October 7, 2015
A session at the EDUCAUSE Live! - Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity and Safety on Your Campus and in Your Community
Awareness and education are key elements of creating a culture of safety on campus. For 11 years, the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) has spearheaded National Cyber Security Awareness Mon…
- TEACH Act Update: The Path to Voluntary Guidelines for Accessible Instructional Materials
September 22, 2015
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - TEACH Act Update
In November 2013, the Technology, Equality, and Accessibility in College and Higher Education (TEACH) Act was introduced in Congress. The bill was intended to foster the development of voluntary …
- Tips and Tricks for Successful Negotiation
August 12, 2015
A session at the EDUCAUSE Live! - Tips and Tricks for Successful Negotiation
The concept of negotiation is something we use almost every day with co-workers, bosses, friends, and family. Learning to negotiate successfully, especially where both parties feel the result is a …
- Benchmarking to Inform IT Planning
July 14, 2015
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Benchmarking to Inform IT Planning
Wondering why you should use benchmarks? Wondering how to benchmark your IT organization? Join Leah Lang from EDUCAUSE to learn the basics of benchmarking, why more than 825 of your peers are doing…
- Directions for the Digital Learning Environment: the CIO's Perspective
June 16, 2015
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Directions for the Digital Learning Environment
Change in higher education is most visible and palpable in the domain of teaching and learning. On the technology side, it is characterized most strongly by the emergence of the digital learning en…
- ERP in the Cloud: Challenges and Opportunities
May 13, 2015
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - ERP in the Cloud
As cloud technologies mature and as higher education institutions continue to look for ways to gain efficiencies without losing traction, migrating ERP services to the cloud, either in part or wh…