Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- 7 Things You Should Know About Games and Learning
March 11, 2014
Educators have long understood that the interactive dynamic of games has the potential to benefit teaching and learning , and recent years have seen considerable activity surrounding the u…
- Septris and SICKO: Implementing and Using Learning Analytics and Gamification in Medical Education
March 11, 2014
In recent years, the video game industry has become the leading form of entertainment in terms of global total revenue. More than half of Americans play video games, with an average of two gamers…
- Comparing Methodologies for IT Risk Assessment and Analysis
March 7, 2014
This Gartner report can help institutions identify the most appropriate IT risk management methodology . It summarizes common IT risk management methodologies, highlighting attributes …
- IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance in Higher Education
March 18, 2014
Research Objectives Characterize the current culture of IT risk and compliance in higher education. Analyze aspects of IT governance involving ownership, authority, decision-making,…
- Project DAVID: Vocation and Reinvention in Liberal Arts Colleges
January 31, 2014
Project DAVID is about showcasing strategic reinvention underway across higher education. Phase one, focusing primarily on a set liberal arts colleges and universities that are part of the Evange…
- Next Gen Tools: CfA Learning Environment
March 4, 2014
This innovation brief from Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) focuses on the learning environment that College for America has created for its direct assessment, competency-based educat…
- EDUCAUSE Core Data Service 2013 Almanacs
February 27, 2014
These two-page, easy-to-scan summaries distill CDS data in a variety of categories that include IT Financing, IT Staffing, Support Services, and many other service areas. All Non-Speciali…
- The NACUBO/EDUCAUSE Working Group on Administrative Services and Systems
February 20, 2014
Higher education institutions generally face significant resource pressures and challenges to their traditional modes of operating, as well as the emerging need to renew or replace administrative…
- Just in Time Research: Privacy Practices
February 19, 2014
The January 2014 edition of the ECAR Update subscriber newsletter included an informal poll on information privacy practices . The poll was intended to collect a quick snapshot of the higher e…
- Bridging the Gap: Building a Learning Environment in the Workplace
February 19, 2014
Workplaces don’t typically look like ideal learning environments . That gap reflects a way of thinking that is being replaced with a vision of workplaces designed to be learning organi…