Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI hosted its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- User Authentication Technologies Beyond the Password
July 20, 2015
User authentication is an essential element of modern IT systems, yet understanding options and balancing requirements remain complex. One-time passwords, smart cards, certificates, biometrics an…
- Benchmarking IT: A Global Approach
July 21, 2015
In order to facilitate cross-border comparisons appropriate for the global higher education business, it is necessary to have a way of comparing individual institutions with peers to start a conv…
- The Chief Information Officer in Higher Education, 2015 Reports
July 20, 2015
This study provides information about higher education CIOs’ attributes, education, experience, and effectiveness and about the technology professionals who are likely to replace these…
- A Framework for Interactivity in Competency-Based Courses
August 3, 2015
A proposed course framework helps instructors organize, motivate, and assess online learning while empowering students and easing the instructional burden. Given the right tools and framing of…
- MOOC Professors' Agency in the Face of Disruption
August 3, 2015
Key Takeaways Stanford University used MOOCs as an opportunity to create a supportive environment for faculty to explore, create, and express themselves in new ways through ope…
- Research Computing in the Cloud: Functional Considerations for Research
July 14, 2015
Transitioning to use of cloud services is becoming commonplace in higher education, but this trend has not been fully tested for research computing . Research computing involves unique needs a…
- 7 Things You Should Read About Copyright in Online Education: Perspectives and Models
July 14, 2015
Concerns about copyright are an ongoing issue for instructors and librarians at colleges and universities. The resources in this issue explore the changing landscape of copyright in academic se…
- Password Managers
July 14, 2015
Learn more about password manager tools, who might use these tools and why, as well as the benefits and risks to consider when using these tools. This resource also includes a list of technologie…
- Maximizing Competency Education and Blended Learning: Insights from Experts
March 1, 2015
Written by Susan Patrick and Chris Sturgis. CompetencyWorks Issue Brief. In May 2014, CompetencyWorks brought together twenty-three technical assistance providers to examine their catalytic ro…
- Inside Mastery Based High Schools: Profiles and Conversations
March 23, 2015
"We began this project to address a need for concrete examples of mastery-based learning in practice. Given the novelty of this work, we realized that many new school designers know the theo…