Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (1)
- Presentations and Seminars (1)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Policy and Law [x]
- Federal Policy and Law (426)
- P2P File Sharing (165)
- Online Piracy (84)
- Libraries and Technology (81)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (80)
- Teaching and Learning (77)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (44)
- 30403 (37)
- Patents (35)
- DRM (Digital Rights Management) (27)
- Openness (27)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Libraries in the Time of MOOCs
November 4, 2013
MOOCs give librarians new opportunities to help shape the conversation about changes in higher education and to guide administrators, faculty, and students through these changes. To assume thi…
- A New Polemic: Libraries, MOOCs, and the Pedagogical Landscape
August 21, 2013
The author, Nora Almeida , examines MOOCs through the lense of libraries, including intellectual property, digital preservation, and information delivery and curricular support models. The aut…
- Copyright Challenges in a MOOC Environment
July 29, 2013
The intersection of copyright and the scale and delivery of MOOCs highlights the enduring tensions between academic freedom, institutional autonomy, and copyright law in higher educ…
- The HathiTrust Case and Appeal: A Policy Brief
June 10, 2013
On October 10, 2012, Judge Harold Baer of the U.S. District Court in New York ruled in favor of the HathiTrust Digital Library (HDL) and its university partners in a copyright infringement suit b…
- Brief of Amici Curiae Higher Education Associations in Support of Appellees HathiTrust, et al., and Affirmance
June 4, 2013
This Amica Curiae brief, filed on June 4, 2013 by the American Council on Education (ACE) and with EDUCAUSE as a signer, supports HathiTrust and appellees, with the primary reason that "copy…
- To Maus or Not to Maus: Technically, That Is the Question
May 6, 2013
Key Takeaways What should a Maus book owner do when he can't access the multiple copies he owns on all his various devices, including the newest, an iPad ? In …
- We Love E-Books!
April 1, 2013
Carrie Rampp is Director of Library Services and Instructional Technology at Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. True confession: I really love e-books. They are so conven…
- Copyright for Librarians: The Essential Handbook
February 6, 2013
"Copyright for Librarians" (CFL) is an online open curriculum on copyright law that was developed jointly with Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society. This book explores…
- Massive Open Online Courses: Legal and Policy Issues for Research Libraries
October 22, 2012
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) raise significant legal and policy questions for research libraries, which are often asked to support the development of MOOC courses. These questions involve …
- The Copyright Conundrum
November 1, 2012
Joan Cheverie is a Policy Specialist for the EDUCAUSE Washington Office. "May you live in interesting times"—a saying of perhaps dubious origins—is alternately viewed …