Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Libraries in the Time of MOOCs
November 4, 2013
MOOCs give librarians new opportunities to help shape the conversation about changes in higher education and to guide administrators, faculty, and students through these changes. To assume thi…
- A New Polemic: Libraries, MOOCs, and the Pedagogical Landscape
August 21, 2013
The author, Nora Almeida , examines MOOCs through the lense of libraries, including intellectual property, digital preservation, and information delivery and curricular support models. The aut…
- Copyright Challenges in a MOOC Environment
July 29, 2013
The intersection of copyright and the scale and delivery of MOOCs highlights the enduring tensions between academic freedom, institutional autonomy, and copyright law in higher educ…
- Special Collections and Archives in the Digital Age
June 28, 2012
This issue of Research Library Issues (no 279) from the Association of Research Libraries, is focused on legal concerns and evolving professional practices around digitizing special collectio…
- A Case for Fair Use: The Georgia State Decision (5/15/12)
May 18, 2012
This policy brief summarizes the long-awaited opinion released May 11, 2012 in the Georgia State University e-reserves copyright infringement case, and provides analysis of what this means for h…
- PIPA and SOPA Chronology: How We Got Where We Are Today (1/23/12)
January 23, 2012
Two bills introduced in 2011, the Senate’s Protect IP Act (PIPA) and the House’s Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), would have direct and potentially negative implications for our campus communit…
- That Was The Year That Was, 2011
January 9, 2012
So, what did the EDUCAUSE Policy group in Washington do in 2011? In general, we did what we've always done: worked closely with our campus constituents to understand and provide assistance…
- How PIPA Would Affect Colleges and Universities (July 5, 2011)
July 5, 2011
This EDUCAUSE Policy Analysis and Advocacy Program Policy Brief focuses on S. 968, Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act (S. 968), also…
- What You Don't Know About Copyright, but Should
May 29, 2011
A lawyer and a librarian, Ms. Sims is copyright-program librarian at the University of Minnesota Libraries. She's there to help people on campus and beyond—both users and owners of protec…
- Policy as an Enabler of Student Engagement
October 7, 2010
© 2010 Merri Beth Lavagnino. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial-ShareAlike License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.…