Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- E-Learning [x]
- Online Teaching Strategies (56)
- Instructional Technologies (54)
- Online Learning (51)
- Instructional Design (44)
- Assessment and Evaluation (43)
- Blended Learning (42)
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) (41)
- Faculty Development (40)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (40)
- Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) (39)
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) (38)
- Faculty (27)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (188)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (56)
- Libraries and Technology (41)
- Information Systems and Services (38)
- Policy and Law (38)
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- The Evolution Continues: Considerations for the Future of Research in Online and Blended Learning
June 16, 2015
The model of online learning that has evolved over the past 20 years relies on ubiquitous data communications that are owned and operated routinely by all segments of the population. Today, peopl…
- How Students Engage with a Remedial English Writing MOOC: A Case Study in Learning Analytics with Big Data
March 23, 2015
Insufficient academic preparation is a major barrier to student success in higher education in the United States, and a large percentage of students who require remedial education become …
- MOOCs for Wisconsin and the World
March 2, 2015
A new MOOC initiative from the University of Wisconsin–Madison ties the topics to communities in the state of Wisconsin and gives residents an opportunity to meet in person. Sar…
- MOOC Completion and Retention in the Context of Student Intent
December 8, 2014
Key Takeaways MOOC critics are concerned about low overall completion rates , but these rates are typically evaluated without accounting for student intentions . This …
- MOOC Evolution and One Poetry MOOC’s Hybrid Approach
November 24, 2014
Key Takeaways Based on the theory of connectivism , MOOCs originally sought to leverage the Internet as a collaborative communications platform to facilitate connections a…
- Study of Students and Information Technology, 2014
October 30, 2014
For the 2014 student techology use study, ECAR also collaborated with 213 institutions to collect responses from 75,306 undergraduate students about their technology experiences. Key F…
- Finding New Business Models in Unsettled Times
November 10, 2014
If the core crisis in higher education is one of sustainability, being focused on the job to be done and having a grasp of the forces shaping higher education gives institutional leaders a new…
- Creating a Fluid Learning Environment
October 13, 2014
Key Takeaways By 2025, mobile natives — students born after the Apple iPhone went to market — will be entering higher education , bringing with them an era of mobile l…
- Enter Unizin
September 15, 2014
James L. Hilton is Dean of Libraries, Vice Provost for Digital Education and Innovation, and Professor of Information at the University of Michigan. The commercial is indelibly etche…
- Higher Education in 2024: Glimpsing the Future
September 15, 2014
A conversation about possible futures and multiple present trends could help those of us involved in higher education and technology to think more clearly about how what comes next emerges fro…