Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Today's Higher Education IT Workforce
January 13, 2014
Key Findings Soft skills are rated by chief information officers (CIOs), managers, and staff alike as being the most important skills for success. Technical proficiency is more importan…
- Finding an Enterprise Solution for Distributed Research
December 6, 2013
Key Takeaways Utah State University invested in university-wide licensure of a research survey platform to enhance its collective knowledge base rather than supporting various …
- Mobile Workspace for Anytime, Anywhere Student Access to Coursework
November 4, 2013
Key Takeaways To meet the high expectations of its engineering students, Florida Atlantic University's College of Engineering and Computer Sciences launched a desktop virtualiza…
- 7 Ways to Use 7 Things
September 12, 2013
The EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative is proud to celebrate the 100th edition of the 7 Things You Should Know series . The first issue was published in May 2005, addressing the topic of social …
- IT Career Development of the Future
June 3, 2013
Clare van den Blink is Director of Academic Technologies at Cornell University. Due to the shifts within information technology—shifts such as cloud-sourcing and a renewed focus o…
- Closing the Gap: Addressing STEM Workforce Challenges
June 3, 2013
Cameron Evans is National and Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Education, for Microsoft. Madeleine McKenna is a U.S. Government Affairs Fellow with Microsoft. Beneva Schulte is the Executi…
- Redesigning Schools to Reach Every Student with Excellent Teachers: A Financial Planning Summary
May 1, 2012
This brief summarizes the ways that schools and their teachers can simultaneously reach more students with excellent teaching, expand teachers’ career opportunities, and sustainably fun…
- Innovating Toward Sustainability: How Computer Labs Can Enable New Staffing Structures, and New Savings
December 1, 2012
Even as new educational technologies have emerged, staffing innovations have seemed all but impossible in American schools. Charter and district schools alike long ago surrendered to the notion t…
- Blended Learning Implementation Guide
February 5, 2013
Digital Learning Now! (DLN) released "The Blended Learning Implementation Guide," the fifth DLN Smart Series paper, for leaders who are ready seize the opp…
- IT Salaries in Higher Education, 2012
February 15, 2013
IT salaries account for 39% of the IT budget . They compensate IT staff, whose performance lays the groundwork for an efficiently run institution that provides the highest quality education an…