Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Staffing [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (412)
- Professional Development (117)
- Teaching and Learning (92)
- Outsourcing (77)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (67)
- Information Systems and Services (60)
- Support Services (59)
- Leadership (52)
- Organizational Structure (48)
- Training (48)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) (39)
- Financial Management (38)
- Cloud Computing (36)
- Institutional Management (33)
- Cybersecurity (32)
- Planning (32)
- Leadership Development (31)
- Security Management (31)
- Faculty (30)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Today’s Higher Education IT Workforce
January 13, 2014
Key Findings Soft skills are rated by chief information officers (CIOs), managers, and staff alike as being the most important skills for success. Technical proficiency was rated relati…
- Finding an Enterprise Solution for Distributed Research
December 6, 2013
Key Takeaways Utah State University invested in university-wide licensure of a research survey platform to enhance its collective knowledge base rather than supporting various …
- IT Compliance Framework for Higher Education
December 6, 2013
Key Takeaways Implementation of a university-wide IT compliance framework can prevent redundant effort and provide a way to benchmark IT compliance efforts against regulato…
- Mobile Workspace for Anytime, Anywhere Student Access to Coursework
November 4, 2013
Key Takeaways To meet the high expectations of its engineering students, Florida Atlantic University's College of Engineering and Computer Sciences launched a desktop virtualiza…
- 7 Ways to Use 7 Things
September 12, 2013
The EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative is proud to celebrate the 100th edition of the 7 Things You Should Know series . The first issue was published in May 2005, addressing the topic of social …
- Helping to Open Up: Improving Knowledge, Capability and Confidence in Making Research Data More Open
July 15, 2013
This report was commissioned by the Research Information and Digital Literacies Coalition (RIDLs) in the United Kingdom. RIDLs exists to promote collectively the value of training and development…
- MyEdu: Professional Support for Students
August 5, 2013
Key Takeaways Relatively few college students use professional social media to set up professional profiles , and most prefer not to use popular social networks to share and fin…
- Information Security
June 14, 2013
This Spotlight focuses on data from the 2012 Core Data Service (CDS) to better understand how higher education institutions approach information security activities. Information provided …
- Meeting the Challenge: Women CIOs
July 1, 2013
A recent discussion among six female chief information officers (CIOs) in higher education was facilitated by Norma Holland, director of Leadership Program Management and Professional Development…
- Digital Badges for Professional Development
July 1, 2013
Higher education institutions and other organizations interested in supporting learning are experimenting with digital badges to guide, motivate, document, and validate formal and informal lea…