Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching [x]
- Teaching and Learning (303)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (112)
- E-Learning (103)
- Instructional Technologies (94)
- Online Teaching Strategies (88)
- Learning (81)
- Faculty (77)
- Instructional Design (52)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (51)
- Faculty Development (48)
- Curriculum Development (47)
- IT Integration (41)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (38)
- Learners (36)
- Assessment and Evaluation (35)
- Libraries and Technology (32)
- Institutional Management (28)
- Virtual Community (28)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (24)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Using Analytics at UMBC: Encouraging Student Responsibility and Identifying Effective Course Designs
April 30, 2013
Higher education invests considerable resources into technology for academic purposes, but understanding whether those instructional technologies improve learning is often a difficult questio…
- Bigfoot, Goldilocks, and Moonshots: A Report from the Frontiers of Personalized Learning
April 1, 2013
The creativity of higher education innovators has produced three categories of solutions with the potential to break the "iron triangle" of cost, quality, and access. …
- Connected Learning: An Agenda for Research and Design
January 1, 2013
This report is a synthesis of ongoing research, design, and implementation of an approach to education called “connected learning.” It advocates for broadened access to learning that is socia…
- Culture Shift: Teaching in a Learner-Centered Environment Powered by Digital Learning
May 1, 2012
This report from the Alliance for Excellent Education outlines the primary components of a learner-centered environment, the role of the teacher in a learner-centered environment, and the imp…
- Overcoming Hurdles to Social Media in Education
April 1, 2013
Key Takeaways According to a recent study, 100 percent of colleges and universities surveyed use social media , but instructors use it far less for teaching than they do for per…
- Adoption, Pedagogy, and Analytics: Exploring Two Years of Institutional Blog Data
January 7, 2013
For more than a decade, educators and scholars have explored, researched, and implemented blogs in academic settings in a wide variety of ways. Many uses of blogs are still common in academia…
- A National Primer on K-12 Online Learning (Version 2)
October 1, 2010
The National Primer on K-12 Online Learning provides a comprehensive overview of online learning by examining the basics about online teaching and learning, evaluating academic success, profess…
- Teachers in the Age of Digital Instruction
January 1, 2011
As digital tools proliferate and improve, solid instruction in the basics will eventually become “flat”—available anywhere globally—and the elements of excellent teaching that ar…
- Implementing Online Learning Labs in Schools and Districts: Lessons From Miami-Dade’s First Year
November 1, 2011
A s online learning programs become prevalent in U.S. schools, school and district leaders, teachers, and policy makers are looking for the best ways to use technology to enhance learning. T…
- Seizing the Opportunity at the Top: How the U.S. Can Reach Every Student with an Effective Teacher
January 1, 2011
American children deserve the one ingredient we know creates stellar learning results: excellent teachers, consistently. This brief explains why every child needs excellent teachers year after …