Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Instructional Technologies [x]
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) (60)
- E-Learning (54)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (52)
- Instructional Design (50)
- IT Integration (46)
- Assessment and Evaluation (32)
- Teaching with Technology (26)
- Learners (25)
- Social Media (25)
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) (24)
- Faculty Development (21)
- Faculty (20)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (88)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (75)
- Information Systems and Services (33)
- Libraries and Technology (24)
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Assessment with E-Textbook Analytics
February 15, 2015
Higher education administrators and faculty are increasingly interested in determining how large amounts of student data in electronic systems can be used to promote student success . Wher…
- A Typology of Web 2.0 Learning Technologies
February 27, 2015
This article presents the outcomes of a typological analysis of Web 2.0 learning technologies. A comprehensive review incorporating over two thousand links led to identification of 212 Web 2.0 te…
- Instructor Engagement with E-Texts
February 23, 2015
Key Takeaways This case study of Indiana University's e-text initiative reports on the participation levels and motivations of instructors in engaging with digital textbooks…
- Good Intentions, Bad Legislation
September 16, 2014
The authors of this opinion piece in Inside Higher Education , layout their their reasons for their oppostition to this piece of legislation, the TEACH (Technology, Equality and Accessibility …
- 7 Things You Should Know About New Directions for the LMS
September 9, 2014
Most of today’s learning management systems were developed in an era when virtually all of higher education was organized around courses and credit hours. Changes in pedagogy, new models of l…
- Next Generation Digital Learning Environment Initiative
September 17, 2014
Are tools that support teaching and learning keeping up with leading business and consumer tools? What would a next generation digital learning environment look like? Learning environments…
- From Gamification to Touch Interfaces: Designing for 21st Century Learners
October 13, 2014
The proven efficacy of games in helping students learn has yet to fully surmount skeptical attitudes among educators, but the motivational aspects of games are enticing, as are the futuristic …
- Enter Unizin
September 15, 2014
James L. Hilton is Dean of Libraries, Vice Provost for Digital Education and Innovation, and Professor of Information at the University of Michigan. The commercial is indelibly etche…
- Layered Approaches to Educational Technology
September 15, 2014
Key Takeaways This case study provides a glimpse of the layered approaches to university-wide educational technology training and course development (including online and blend…
- Blended Synchronous Learning Handbook
August 5, 2014
The Blended Synchronous Learning Handbook is the primary output of the Blended Synchronous Learning Project. It includes the summative findings of the Blended Synchronous Learning case studies, a…