Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Science DMZ: ECAR-WG Technology Spotlight
November 11, 2015
Science DMZ provides a network-architecture approach optimized for high-performance scientific applications and the transfer of large research data sets over high-speed wide area ne…
- How to Avoid Unintentional Insider Threats
October 30, 2015
People within an organization pose unintentional threats, although lost devices have become a major concern. Training and awareness offer the best protection against losses. …
- VA SCAN: Recognizing Advancement of the Security Profession
October 29, 2015
VA SCAN offers an excellent example of a community trying to build an up-and-coming generation of well-networked and well-educated information security professionals. …
- Cybersecurity Risk Management
October 29, 2015
The NIST Cybersecurity Framework enables a way to effect consistent prioritization, execution, and measurement of activity to achieve cybersecurity risk-management goals, tailored to each institu…
- Building the Next Generation of Cyber Professionals, One at a Time
October 28, 2015
Student workers bring IT the benefit of having bright young minds embedded in the security organization, and they get a friendly and supportive atmosphere to develop good work habits and learn ab…
- Hacking the Gaming Experience: The (Non-Virtual) Reality of Cybersecurity Video Gamification
October 27, 2015
Players love games because they are effective, memorable, and fun; as a result, games may be the perfect mechanism for teaching any generation both cybersecurity concepts and cybersecurity skills…
- We All Need to Be in the Cybersecurity In-Group
October 27, 2015
Not even the best university IT security team can take on cybercrime alone. The team needs partners throughout the university, including IT professionals, faculty, staff, students, and — well, …
- Securing the Human with Limited Time and Resources
October 26, 2015
Did you know that over 70 percent of security awareness officers spend less than 25 percent of their time on security awareness (figure 1)? 1 That means the vast majority of us run an awarenes…
- Organizational Risks and the Internet of Things
October 23, 2015
The Internet of Things poses some serious risks to higher education institutions, but banning devices isn't the answer. Instead, the IT organization must manage IoT risks, as this blog expla…
- The Internet Is Changing the Way We Remember
October 22, 2015
Convenient access to the Internet might make remembering mundane information a thing of the past. Just make sure you can find that information securely, by securing your Internet-enabled devices …