Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- The Top 3 Strategic Information Security Issues
January 12, 2015
Joanna Lyn Grama is IT GRC and Cybersecurity Program Director, EDUCAUSE. Valerie Vogel is Program Manager, EDUCAUSE. Visit the EDUCAUSE top 10 IT issues web page for additional resourc…
- Citizen Developers in UPenn's Nanofab Lab
January 12, 2015
Key Takeaways Three lab engineers with no programming experience built a lab management app for the University of Pennsylvania's Quattrone Nanofabrication Facility in th…
- Federated Identity as an Enabler for Education
January 12, 2015
Shel Waggener is Senior Vice President at Internet2. Cloud, cloud everywhere, what's a higher ed CIO to do? We didn't always have all these options. Five years ago, just as…
- Achieving the (Often Delicate) Balance between Technology and Information Security
January 12, 2015
Ronald L. Vaughn, President of the University of Tampa since January 1995 and holder of the Max H. Hollingsworth Chair of American Enterprise, previously served as Coordinator of the Depa…
- 8 Ways to Defend Higher Education against Cyberattacks
December 8, 2014
Key Takeaways No single product can guarantee the security of systems and data , especially in the face of increasingly sophisticated threats. The real issues in protecti…
- Cloud Strategy for Higher Education: Building a Common Solution
November 5, 2014
Higher education IT is in the midst of an exciting transformation. The economies of scale, resiliency, flexibility, and agility provided by cloud computing are rendering the construction and ma…
- Outside the Box: Evolution & Ascent of the CISO
November 24, 2014
November 24, 2014 ERO141109 …
- Resources for Presidents and Senior Executives: Information Security
September 15, 2014
These executive briefs are designed to help institutional leaders optimize the impact of IT in higher education. The Foundations offer a framework for considering higher educatio…
- Adapting the Established SIS to Meet Higher Education’s Increasingly Dynamic Needs
September 17, 2014
This Spotlight focuses on data from the 2013 Core Data Service to better understand how higher education institutions approach student information systems (SISs) . Information provided for…
- Developing A Comprehensive Privacy Program: A Step-By-Step Guide
December 13, 2013
Daniel Solove wrote Developing A Comprehensive Privacy Program: A Step-By-Step Guide in 2013 for The National Assoication of College and University Attorneys (NACUA). This guide seeks to…