Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Technology Management and Leadership [x]
- Teaching and Learning (1020)
- Institutional Management (696)
- Planning (501)
- Information Systems and Services (423)
- Staffing (396)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (395)
- E-Learning (316)
- Support Services (298)
- Libraries and Technology (285)
- Financial Management (266)
- Organizational Structure (266)
- Students (264)
- Policy and Law (258)
- Distributed Computing (255)
- Leadership (240)
- Instructional Technologies (235)
- Federal Policy and Law (209)
- Mobile Computing (209)
- Collaboration (191)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Teens, Social Media, and Privacy
May 21, 2013
According to this May 2013 Pew Survey, teens share more information about themselves on social media sites than they have in the past, but they are also taking a variety of technical and non-te…
- Learning and the Massive Open Online Course: A Report on the ELI Focus Session
May 21, 2013
On April 3 and 4, 2013, the ELI teaching and learning community gathered for an online focus session on Learning and the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). This report is a synthesis of the k…
- OERs Increase Access, Drop Book Expenses
May 7, 2013
Tacoma Community College and other schools are finding that use of open educational resources (OER) in couses is saving students financially. Tac…
- What Does BYOE Mean for IT?: IT Leader Roundtable
May 15, 2013
The bring-your-own-everything (BYOE) phenomenon continues to gain momentum as more students, faculty, and staff use personal devices and services on campus. The person who previously brou…
- Assessing Your Fiscal Bandwidth: Current Practices for Measuring IT Costs in Higher Education
May 14, 2013
Accurately and consistently measuring the cost of IT in higher education is an essential part of strategic IT management, yet according to IT leaders, cost data have proven elusive. What if a…
- Scaling Learning Analytics across Institutions of Higher Education
May 8, 2013
T he Open Academic Analytics Initiative (OAAI) seeks to increase college student retention by performing early detection of academic risk using predictive analytics . OAAI e…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Connected Learning
May 9, 2013
Higher education is entering a new, evolutionary phase defined by connections between everything and everyone . Connected learning is rooted in the active participation of students, instruct…
- Enterprise Content-Aware DLP Solution Comparison and Select Vendor Profiles
May 14, 2013
This Gartner report covers content-aware data-loss prevention, which has grown up and is on the verge of becoming a standard part of security architecture. A small set of vendors dominate a major…
- State U Online
April 23, 2013
Author Rachel Fishman, examines the most common challenges to implementing successful distance-education programs, including cost, quality, and faculty buy-in. Fishman decribes 5 steps to success…
- Using Analytics at UMBC: Encouraging Student Responsibility and Identifying Effective Course Designs
April 30, 2013
Higher education invests considerable resources into technology for academic purposes, but understanding whether those instructional technologies improve learning is often a difficult questio…