Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- CDS Spotlight: Information Security
July 10, 2014
This research bulletin uses data from Modules 1 and 7 of the EDUCAUSE Core Data Service to examine the current state of information security in higher education. Using a graphic-based format, thi…
- 7 Things You Should Know About CBE Tools
July 10, 2014
As competency-based education (CBE) programs become more prevalent, tools have emerged to support them, ranging from software utilities that enable a single type of student project to complex, cu…
- California State University Northridge: Hybrid Lab Courses
July 7, 2014
California State University, Northridge’s Hybrid Lab course model targets high failure rate, multisection, gateway courses in which prerequisite knowledge is a key to suc…
- Better Understanding through Data: Completion, Motivation, and Learning in Minnesota MOOCs
June 19, 2014
In the summer of 2013, faculty members at the University of Minnesota collaborated with staff from the university’s Office of Information Technology and provost’s office to deliver five massi…
- Linked Jazz: Building with Linked Open Data
June 30, 2014
Key Takeaways The possibility of a new method of operation for the web is built with linked open data , which dynamically connects one piece of discrete data to another , not…
- Trends in Digital Scholarship Centers
June 16, 2014
Key Takeaways Experiences gained from existing digital scholarship centers can help uninitiated institutions better launch their own efforts and thereby increase support for the …
- Issues in Open Access to Research
June 30, 2014
Key Takeaways Governments are pushing for systematic management and sharing of research data because of the clear benefits for the research community and the general public…
- The Value of MOOCs to Early Adopter Universities
June 16, 2014
According to research into massive open online courses offered first by elite universities, the public narrative about MOOCs and those universities' goals do not align well. …
- The Learning Management System Evolution
May 20, 2014
This Spotlight focuses on data from the 2013 Core Data Service (CDS) to better understand how higher education institutions approach learning management systems (LMSs) . Information provid…
- Librarians and Scholars: Partners in Digital Humanities
June 2, 2014
Key Takeaways Libraries have numerous capabilities and considerable expertise available to accelerate digital humanities initiatives . The University of Michigan Library de…