Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (2)
- Plans and Guidelines (1)
- Presentations and Seminars (1)
- Surveys (1)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Policy and Law [x]
- Federal Policy and Law (938)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (267)
- Cybersecurity (210)
- 30363 (189)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (171)
- P2P File Sharing (165)
- Teaching and Learning (151)
- Telecommunications Policy (106)
- Libraries and Technology (101)
- Access to Advanced Networks (88)
- Online Piracy (84)
- Information Systems and Services (77)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Just in Time Research: Privacy Practices
February 19, 2014
The January 2014 edition of the ECAR Update subscriber newsletter included an informal poll on information privacy practices . The poll was intended to collect a quick snapshot of the higher e…
- Managing Data Risk in Student Success Systems: EDUCAUSE IPAS Summit Report
February 12, 2014
Student success has come into sharp focus for higher education. New models have emerged in response to outcome-based funding at the state level and a completion agenda at the national lev…
- Is Your Use of Social Media FERPA Compliant?
February 24, 2014
Key Takeaways Although teens use social media heavily — and many freely post sensitive personal information — instructors must be careful about how they use social media …
- Distance Learning, Distant Courtrooms
November 21, 2013
The authors, Luke M. Cornelius and Terence W. Cavanaugh, discuss the issue of distance education legal disputes between institutions in one state and learners in another state or country, where w…
- Trusting Bad Code from Day One
December 6, 2013
Stu Sjouwerman is the founder and CEO of KnowBe4 , which provides web-based Internet Security Awareness Training (ISAT) to small and medium-sized enterprises. Vint Cerf is often …
- IT Compliance Framework for Higher Education
December 6, 2013
Key Takeaways Implementation of a university-wide IT compliance framework can prevent redundant effort and provide a way to benchmark IT compliance efforts against regulato…
- Meeting Students Where They Are: Profiles of Students in Competency-Based Degree Programs
November 7, 2013
This Center for American Progress report catalogues stories of average Americans—some who went to college directly after high school, some who are returning to postsecondary education after man…
- Higher Education IT Compliance through the Prism of Risk Controls
December 6, 2013
Only through collaborative compliance and risk discussions can appropriate decisions be made about both the everyday activities and the transformative new technologies that are or will be avai…
- Starting the Conversation: University-wide Research Data Management Policy
December 6, 2013
This article represents a call for action to address the high-level benefits of adopting a university-wide policy regarding research data management. An institution should identify all the sta…
- Libraries in the Time of MOOCs
November 4, 2013
MOOCs give librarians new opportunities to help shape the conversation about changes in higher education and to guide administrators, faculty, and students through these changes. To assume thi…