Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (410)
- Teaching and Learning (271)
- Network Applications (210)
- Information Systems and Services (175)
- Policy and Law (171)
- Federal Policy and Law (155)
- Cybersecurity (121)
- Telecommunications (106)
- Libraries and Technology (105)
- World Wide Web (92)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Doing More for Less: The Benefits and Practicalities of Collaboration
February 24, 2014
Key Takeaways At its core, collaboration of any kind relies on timing, trust, and opportunity to succeed, as Emmanuel College and the Massachusetts College of Art and Design de…
- Higher Education's Top-Ten Strategic Technologies in 2014
February 12, 2014
Key Findings Analytics dominates the list, with four of the 10 technologies. Institutions are focusing on both learning and administrative analytics. Mobile apps are also prominent, wit…
- Straight Talk about the Clouds
February 24, 2014
Higher education institutions can choose from a range of cloud computing approaches. As these three senior IT leaders explain, the "right" solution for a given institution depends on…
- The Ever-Present Demand for Public Computing Resources
January 15, 2014
This CDS Spotlight focuses on public computing resources , including lab/cluster workstations in buildings, virtual lab/cluster workstations, kiosks, laptop and tablet checkout progr…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Gesture-Based Computing
January 8, 2014
Gesture-based computing refers to interfaces where the human body interacts with digital resources without using common input devices, such as a keyboard, mouse, game controller, or voice…
- How Online Innovations Are Transforming Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session
December 20, 2013
On November 5–7, 2013, the teaching and learning community gathered for the 2013 ELI Fall Focus Session, an online event that sought to understand the ways in which innovations in online innova…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Telepresence Robots
December 9, 2013
Most telepresence robots combine a mobile base with a small screen placed roughly at the height of a person —think of a tablet computer atop a mop handle anchored to a rolling platfo…
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Security Awareness Programs
December 10, 2013
Security awareness is a core component of an information security program. Many information security professionals struggle, however, with delivering security awareness messages and mea…
- 2014 Planning Guide for Data Management
December 9, 2013
Gartner's 2014 planning guide for data management can help institutions who are tracking, planning, or even implementing data management programs. The guide covers such concepts as big data,…
- Navigating the Clouds with an Enterprise IT Strategy
December 6, 2013
Key Takeaways Furman University, which is pursuing an aggressive move to cloud services , shares models of cloud services as well as the risks, opportunities, and ways other campuse…