Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Paper or Tablet Reading Recall and Comprehension
September 28, 2015
What effect do digital devices have on our digital brains? To uncover the influence on learning of using digital tablets for reading, the Coast Guard Leadership Development Center conducted an ex…
- 7 Things You Should Read About Digital Divides and Today’s Technologies
September 4, 2015
The penetration of information technology into all corners of life created a digital divide between those who had those technologies and those who didn’t. As technology ownership has broade…
- In-Memory Computing: ECAR-WG Technology Spotlight
August 14, 2015
In-memory computing helps make big-data analytics possible by keeping data in a server’s RAM rather than removing it to databases on separate disk drives. Keeping it at the cached l…
- Staying Focused on Improvement
August 17, 2015
Recognizing that technological developments—and the student, faculty, and staff expectations that accompany them—will continue to challenge us, we are already well on our way toward designing…
- A Community Cloud: The Northwest Regional Data Center
August 17, 2015
NWRDC initially offered mainframe services to universities across Florida as a community cloud system. Today’s self-governed cooperative of over 70 members provides access to enterprise-level s…
- Research Computing in the Cloud: Functional Considerations for Research
July 14, 2015
Transitioning to use of cloud services is becoming commonplace in higher education, but this trend has not been fully tested for research computing . Research computing involves unique needs a…
- New Technologies, Pedagogies, and Curriculum: A Practical Perspective
August 3, 2015
Key Takeaways The move from instructor- to learner-based education is a major paradigm shift that is both fueled and supported by advances in technology . To successful…
- The 2014 Enterprise Application Market in Higher Education
July 20, 2015
The 2014 Enterprise Application Market reports from the EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research use data from the EDUCAUSE Core Data Service (CDS) to better understand how higher education inst…
- Student and Faculty Perceptions of Telepresence Courses
July 20, 2015
Key Takeaways To deliver a high-quality learning experience to remote learning sites , Minnesota State University, Mankato, invested in telepresence-enhanced classrooms and then…
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning
August 3, 2015
Key Takeaways Providing dedicated space to engage faculty and students with emerging educational technologies while encouraging their exploration of the possibilities brings ab…