Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Libraries and Technology [x]
- Digital Content (158)
- Digital Libraries (132)
- Scholarly Communications (131)
- Information Discovery and Retrieval (127)
- Digital Publishing (124)
- Digital Collections (120)
- Information Literacy (87)
- E-Books (63)
- Institutional Repositories (63)
- E-Textbooks (62)
- Library Administration and Management (58)
- Learning Objects (37)
- Teaching and Learning (257)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (187)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (99)
- Policy and Law (62)
- Information Systems and Services (56)
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI hosted its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning
August 3, 2015
Key Takeaways Providing dedicated space to engage faculty and students with emerging educational technologies while encouraging their exploration of the possibilities brings ab…
- Exploring Students' E-Textbook Practices in Higher Education
July 6, 2015
Key Takeaways A two-year university-wide study of students' e-textbook practices found that e-textbook use has increased and become broader demographically. Lower cost …
- Social Reading and Technology Design
June 22, 2015
Elyse Graham is Assistant Professor of Digital Humanities at SUNY Stony Brook. We are only beginning to discover how much the humanities have to contribute to the kind of world-build…
- Students' Mobile Learning Practices in Higher Education: A Multi-Year Study
June 22, 2015
Key Takeaways Two university-wide surveys about students' mobile technology ownership and learning practices show that mobile device ownership is high and continues …
- 7 Things You Should Know About Visual Literacy
March 9, 2015
Visual literacy is the ability to recognize and critically appreciate meaning in visual content and to use visual elements to create effective communication. Visualizations often provide better w…
- Making a Difference: Moving Your Organization from Transactional to Transformational
March 16, 2015
Key Takeaways A reallocation of budget and resources in Bucknell University's Library and Information Technology division enabled a shift from transactional functions to tra…
- Networked Information's Risky Future: The Promises and Challenges of Digital Preservation
March 2, 2015
Amy Kirchhoff is Archive Service Product Manager for Portico. Sheila Morrissey is Senior Researcher at Ithaka S+R. Kate Wittenberg is Managing Director of Portico. In the last severa…
- Assessment with E-Textbook Analytics
February 15, 2015
Higher education administrators and faculty are increasingly interested in determining how large amounts of student data in electronic systems can be used to promote student success . Wher…
- Instructor Engagement with E-Texts
February 23, 2015
Key Takeaways This case study of Indiana University's e-text initiative reports on the participation levels and motivations of instructors in engaging with digital textbooks…
- Assessing the Impact and Efficacy of the Open-Access ChemWiki Textbook Project
January 27, 2015
Rapidly rising costs, including the cost of textbooks, impede access to higher education for many students, particularly among underserved and at-risk populations. The STEMWiki Hyperlibrary w…