Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Security Management [x]
- Cybersecurity (422)
- Policy and Law (184)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (159)
- Privacy (154)
- Federal Policy and Law (137)
- Data Security (116)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (81)
- Campus Policy and Law (80)
- Network Security and Applications (77)
- Campus Policies (75)
- Federal Privacy Law (69)
- Information Systems and Services (62)
- Identity and Access Management (61)
- Security Awareness (60)
- Incident Handling and Response (50)
- Security Risk Assessment and Analysis (46)
- Teaching and Learning (46)
- Institutional Management (45)
- Security Policies (42)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- What Does BYOE Mean for IT?: IT Leader Roundtable
May 15, 2013
The bring-your-own-everything (BYOE) phenomenon continues to gain momentum as more students, faculty, and staff use personal devices and services on campus. The person who previously brou…
- Enterprise Content-Aware DLP Solution Comparison and Select Vendor Profiles
May 14, 2013
This Gartner report covers content-aware data-loss prevention, which has grown up and is on the verge of becoming a standard part of security architecture. A small set of vendors dominate a major…
- Containing the Security Threat of Mobile Apps in Higher Ed
May 6, 2013
Key Takeaways Security breaches and data loss become likelier as more students, faculty, and staff bring their own devices to campus. With a growing number of new offeri…
- Ethics, Big Data, and Analytics: A Model for Application
May 6, 2013
The use of big data and analytics to predict student success presents unique ethical questions for higher education administrators relating to the nature of knowledge; in educatio…
- The Wild-Card Character of "Bring Your Own": A Panel Discussion
April 1, 2013
Panelists on the front lines of higher education information technology share their thoughts on BYOD and what it could mean for colleges and universities. By R. F. "Chip"…
- Executive Summary: BYOD and Consumerization of IT in Higher Education Research, 2013
April 1, 2013
"What excites IT leaders in higher education most about BYOE are opportunities to diversify and expand the teaching and learning environment, while the greatest challenges are issues th…
- Overcoming Hurdles to Social Media in Education
April 1, 2013
Key Takeaways According to a recent study, 100 percent of colleges and universities surveyed use social media , but instructors use it far less for teaching than they do for per…
- An Incremental Approach to Building an Information Security Program
April 1, 2013
Key Takeaways Constraints such as tight budgets, increased responsibilities, lack of resources or incentive, and disagreement on a common approach to information security pose ch…
- Privacy and Security Initiatives and Recommendations from the U.S. Department of Education
February 26, 2013
Key Takeaways At EDUCAUSE 2012, U.S. Department of Education speakers discussed new privacy and security initiatives, as well as offering recommendations on navigating privacy ef…
- ECPA Reform Update
February 11, 2013
Recording of the January 29, 2013 call with Greg Nojeim, Senior Counsel at the Center for Democracy & Technology on the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) reform and its implication…