Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Bridging the Gap: Building a Learning Environment in the Workplace
February 19, 2014
Workplaces don’t typically look like ideal learning environments . That gap reflects a way of thinking that is being replaced with a vision of workplaces designed to be learning organi…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Competency-Based Education
February 11, 2014
Competency-based education (CBE) awards academic credit based on mastery of clearly defined competencies . CBE replaces the conventional model in which time is fixed and learning is variab…
- 2014 Horizon Report
January 31, 2014
Produced by ELI and NMC each year, the Horizon Report describes six areas of emerging technology that will have significant impact on higher education and creative expression over the next one to…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Gesture-Based Computing
January 8, 2014
Gesture-based computing refers to interfaces where the human body interacts with digital resources without using common input devices, such as a keyboard, mouse, game controller, or voice…
- How Online Innovations Are Transforming Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session
December 20, 2013
On November 5–7, 2013, the teaching and learning community gathered for the 2013 ELI Fall Focus Session, an online event that sought to understand the ways in which innovations in online innova…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Telepresence Robots
December 9, 2013
Most telepresence robots combine a mobile base with a small screen placed roughly at the height of a person —think of a tablet computer atop a mop handle anchored to a rolling platfo…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Wearable Technology
November 8, 2013
Wearable technologies can gather data—from the body of the wearer or from the environment —or provide information, or both. Wearables represent an evolution in our relationship wit…
- The Current State and Potential Future of E-Textbooks
November 5, 2013
Digital textbooks (or e-textbook s) are hot commodities in higher education, with numerous colleges, universities, and educational coalitions adopting various platforms, piloting options, …
- 7 Things You Should Read About Makerspaces
October 25, 2013
Makerspaces are physical location s where people gather to share resources and knowledge , work on projects, network, and build. The "7 Things You Should Read About..." series fro…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Calibrated Peer Review
October 4, 2013
Calibrated Peer Review (CPR) is a system developed at UCLA for coordinating and evaluating peer reviews of student work. In CPR, students review one another’s assignments in an an…