Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Developing a Higher Education Badging Initiative
August 5, 2015
Developing a plan to thoughtfully integrate digital badges into higher education initiatives involves an investment of time by multiple stakeholders to ensure a meaningful mapping of outcom…
- 7 Things You Should Read About Copyright in Online Education: Perspectives and Models
July 14, 2015
Concerns about copyright are an ongoing issue for instructors and librarians at colleges and universities. The resources in this issue explore the changing landscape of copyright in academic se…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Cross-Institutional Collaboration
July 10, 2015
Colleges and universities collaborate on initiatives that individual institutions might not be able to accomplish alone, including infrastructure projects, course offerings, and new educational m…
- Where Badges Work Better
June 23, 2015
Following their emergence around 2011, digital badges began transforming the way learning and accomplishment are recognized. Badges are now integral to growing numbers of associations, formal and…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Degree-Planning Tools
June 11, 2015
Degree-planning tools provide personalized guidance to students about navigating higher education. Using institutional information and data about students, these tools aim to help s…
- 7 Things You Should Read About IPAS
June 11, 2015
Integrated planning and advising services (IPAS) is an integrative approach to student success that promotes shared ownership for educational progress among students, faculty, and staff . It e…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Developments in Instructional Design
May 12, 2015
In recent years, instructional design has been undergoing significant changes resulting from developments in areas including pedagogy, learning science, and technology . Instructional …
- 7 Things You Should Read About Personalized Learning
April 27, 2015
Personalized learning has the potential to considerably improve student outcomes. Developments in information technologies today allow systems to provide targeted resources and support to muc…
- The Next Generation Digital Learning Environment: A Report on Research
April 27, 2015
In partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, EDUCAUSE explored the gaps between current learning management tools and a digital learning environment that could meet the changi…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Universal Design for Learning
April 6, 2015
Universal Design for Learning is a framework for the design of materials and instructional methods that are usable by a wide range of students. One aim of UDL is to provide full access …