Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- 7 Things You Should Know About CBE Tools
July 10, 2014
As competency-based education (CBE) programs become more prevalent, tools have emerged to support them , ranging from software utilities that enable a single type of student project to com…
- 7 Things You Should Read About Gamification/Game Principles in Instruction
July 1, 2014
Gamification or the application of game principles in instruction refers to the integration of organizational principles and reward structures of games and play to motivate learning in formal…
- Better Understanding through Data: Completion, Motivation, and Learning in Minnesota MOOCs
June 19, 2014
In the summer of 2013, faculty members at the University of Minnesota collaborated with staff from the university’s Office of Information Technology and provost’s office to deliver five massi…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Design Thinking
June 3, 2014
Design thinking is a structured approach for human-centered, creative problem solving that follows an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach where disparate perspectives are e…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Storage and Collaboration
May 5, 2014
Higher education has seen a move from consumer-level adoption of cloud services to enterprise deployment of full-scale cloud storage and collaboration platforms. Enterprise services can now o…
- 7 Things You Should Read About the LMS/Learning Ecosystem
April 22, 2014
The LMS/Learning Ecosystem refers to the online learning environment as a continuum, with the LMS at one end and a student’s or faculty member’s own collection of applications, tools, a…
- Faculty Engagement and Development - Effective and Innovative Practice: A Report on the ELI Focus Session
April 17, 2014
More than any other core mission in higher education, teaching and learning is the locus of change, innovation, and strategic reimagining at the institutional level. As new teaching and learning …
- 7 Things You Should Know About Web Syndication
April 4, 2014
For print and broadcast media, syndication is the process by which content from a single source is distributed in multiple other venues. Web syndication applies the principles of discovery and …
- 7 Things You Should Read About Intelligent Tutoring
April 1, 2014
An intelligent tutoring system is computer software designed to simulate a human tutor’s behavior and guidance and can assist students by posing questions, parsing responses, and …
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century
March 19, 2014
In colleges and universities, the physical learning environment embodies an institution’s educational philosophy and priorities. Ideally, such environments are planned with considered attention…