Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Probing the Inverted Classroom: A Study of Teaching and Learning Outcomes in Engineering and Mathematics
January 16, 2015
Flipped classrooms have started to become commonplace on university campuses. Despite the growing number of flipped courses, however, quantitative information on their effectiveness remains…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Drones
January 9, 2015
Drones , widely recognized for their use in military and police activities, are finding a growing number of uses in education and scholarly research. They provide a relatively inexpensive …
- 7 Things You Should Read About Faculty Digital Fluencies and Frameworks
January 2, 2015
Digital fluency, as described in the 2014 NMC Horizon Report , refers to the ability to appropriately use technology tools to produce teaching materials, solve instructional problems, and tran…
- 7 Things You Should Know About VR Headsets
December 5, 2014
Virtual reality (VR) uses visual, auditory, and sometimes other sensory inputs to create an immersive, computer-generated environment . VR headsets fully cover users’ eyes and often ears…
- 7 Things You Should Read About Evaluating Faculty Development Programs
November 24, 2014
The move to online and hybrid learning environments presents changing needs and new opportunities for faculty development. Growing pressures on resources calls for increasing evidence of th…
- Reimagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment
November 14, 2014
Members of the higher education teaching and learning community gathered online for the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Fall Focus Session on October 28 and 29, 2014, to talk about the interplay o…
- 7 Things You Should Know About IPAS
November 5, 2014
IPAS is an institutional capability to create shared ownership for educational progress by providing students, faculty , and staff with holistic information and services that …
- 7 Things You Should Read About Microlearning in Mobile and Flipped Contexts
October 15, 2014
Microlearning increasingly plays a role in higher education, particularly in the context of mobile and flipped learning. Small units of learning encourage learners to focus on discrete chunks of …
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Internet of Things
October 6, 2014
The Internet of Things (IoT) describes a state in which vast numbers of objects are interconnected over the Internet and can collect data and transmit and receive information. The IoT is …
- 7 Things You Should Know About New Directions for the LMS
September 9, 2014
Most of today’s learning management systems were developed in an era when virtually all of higher education was organized around courses and credit hours. Changes in pedagogy, new models of l…