Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
- EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research (ECAR) [x]
- Research Bulletins (261)
- Research Report (93)
- ECAR Case Studies (84)
- Key Findings (35)
- Roadmaps (31)
- Research Hub (15)
- Advanced Core Technologies Initiative (ACTI) (10)
- Survey Instruments (10)
- ECAR Interactive Graphics and Infographics (8)
- Presentations (5)
- Occasional Papers (4)
- ECAR Campus Cyberinfrastructure Working Group (3)
- ECAR Communications Infrastructure and Applications WG (1)
- ECAR Data Management WG (1)
- ECAR Mobile Strategy and Application Development WG (1)
- EDUCAUSE Publications (6)
- EDUCAUSE Policy Office (1)
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (396)
- Teaching and Learning (179)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (137)
- Information Systems and Services (120)
- Planning (118)
- Policy and Law (91)
- Institutional Management (87)
- Cybersecurity (86)
- Instructional Technologies (79)
- Federal Policy and Law (71)
- Security Management (66)
- Staffing (62)
- E-Learning (60)
- Support Services (60)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) (57)
- Leadership (53)
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) (52)
- Collaboration (50)
- Libraries and Technology (50)
- Financial Management (49)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- 2014 Planning Guide for Data Management
December 9, 2013
Gartner's 2014 planning guide for data management can help institutions who are tracking, planning, or even implementing data management programs. The guide covers such concepts as big data,…
- Today’s Higher Education IT Workforce
January 13, 2014
Key Findings Soft skills are rated by chief information officers (CIOs), managers, and staff alike as being the most important skills for success. Technical proficiency was rated relati…
- What MOOCs Mean to Today’s Students and Institutions
October 7, 2013
This research bulletin uses data from ECAR research on students and IT and on e-learning to paint a picture of the role MOOCs currently play in higher education and the directions MOOCs…
- Transitioning to IPv6
October 7, 2013
Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), the named successor to the current networking protocol that supports the transport of traffic across the Internet, is a more mature standard that appropriately…
- ECAR Study of Undergraduate Students and Information Technology, 2013
September 16, 2013
Key Findings See the 2013 report for a full list of key messages, findings, and supporting data. Students recognize the value of technology but still need guidance when it comes to b…
- Progress in Meeting Demand for Mobile IT
September 19, 2013
Higher education increasingly provides mobile access to a range of services, apps, and websites, resulting in on-the-go convenience, efficiency, and greater end-user satisfaction. Students, f…
- Integrated Planning and Advising Services Benchmarking Study
August 30, 2013
2013 IPAS Benchmarking Study Participants Arapahoe Community College Arizona State University California State University, East Bay Canada College …
- Gender Diversity among Higher Education CIOs
September 9, 2013
Women’s presence in the IT profession in general, and as top executives in particular, has been a theme garnering much attention over the past several years. At a time when women make up …
- Develop a Strategic Road Map for Postmodern ERP in 2013 and Beyond
September 2, 2013
This Gartner report posits that the all-encompassing ERP suite was killed by megavendors when they realized they couldn't keep up with users' needs and had to acquire, rather than build…
- Creating MOOCs for College Credit: SJSU’s Partnership with edX and Udacity
August 14, 2013
In fall 2012, an SJSU team of administrators and faculty decided to use and develop MOOC materials in for-credit courses . This meant that the courses would not be free or even massive but w…