Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (75)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (25)
- Teaching and Learning (25)
- Cybersecurity (22)
- Staffing (22)
- Planning (21)
- Security Management (19)
- Institutional Management (18)
- Financial Management (17)
- Information Systems and Services (17)
- Organizational Structure (16)
- Support Services (14)
- Policy and Law (12)
- Distributed Computing (11)
- Federal Policy and Law (11)
- Instructional Technologies (10)
- E-Learning (9)
- IT Funding (9)
- Network Infrastructure and Equipment (8)
- Students (8)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Copyright Challenges in a MOOC Environment
July 29, 2013
The intersection of copyright and the scale and delivery of MOOCs highlights the enduring tensions between academic freedom, institutional autonomy, and copyright law in higher educ…
- The Connected Learning Environment
July 29, 2013
Connected learning environments are changing education, student engagement, and college completion. While e-learning often connotes delivery of information in a sequential, linear fashion, th…
- 2012 CDS Executive Summary Report
January 24, 2013
This report summarizes results from the EDUCAUSE Core Data Service (CDS) survey. Using a matched set of 616 CDS 2011 and CDS 2012 participating institutions, this year’s report is a detaile…
- Building Organizational Capacity for Analytics
February 25, 2013
Optimizing student success is the “killer app” for analytics in higher education . Intelligent investments in optimizing student success garner wide support and have a strong, justifia…
- Classroom and Instructional Technology
December 18, 2012
This CDS Spotlight focuses on survey results related to classroom technology . Creating effective learning environments in higher education classrooms with technology poses an ongoing challe…
- EDUCAUSE 2011 Annual Conference: Executive Summaries of Selected Sessions
October 30, 2012
Highlights from selected general and featured sessions at the 2011 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference. Highlights from selected general and featured sessions a…
- EDUCAUSE Core Data Service 2012 Almanacs
October 29, 2012
These two-page, easy-to-scan summaries distill CDS data in a variety of categories that include IT Financing, IT Staffing, Support Services, and many other service areas. All Non-Speciali…
- What Campus Leaders Need to Know About MOOCs
December 20, 2012
MOOCs (massive open online courses) are courses delivered over the web to potentially thousands of students at a time. In a MOOC, lectures are typically “canned,” quizzes and testing ar…
- Analytics 3-Day Sprint - Summary
August 20, 2012
This brief summarizes the main themes from the EDUCAUSE Analytics Sprint, held July 24–26, 2012. Presenters and participants exchanged ideas and information via webinars, online conversations, …
- Information Systems Risk Assessment
July 24, 2012
This Spotlight bulletin focuses on 2011 CDS survey results related to information systems (IS) risk assessments. Research findings and industry experience demonstrate that conducting a …