Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Analytics 3-Day Sprint - Summary
August 20, 2012
This brief summarizes the main themes from the EDUCAUSE Analytics Sprint, held July 24–26, 2012. Presenters and participants exchanged ideas and information via webinars, online conversations, …
- Mobile Computing 5-Day Sprintâ€”Summary
June 3, 2011
This EDUCAUSE brief summarizes the main themes from the EDUCAUSE Mobile Computing 5-Day Sprint, held April 25–29, 2011. This learning experience brought together presenters and hundreds of part…
- Final Report of the 2007 Cybersecurity Summit
November 30, 2007
This is the final report for the 2007 NSF Cybersecurity Summit, held February 22 & 23rd, 2007, in Arlington, VA. This is the final report fo…
- Computer-Related Incidents in Colleges and Universities: Factors and Categorization
January 1, 2004
This presentation provides preliminary findings from the first phase of the Computer Incident Factor Analysis and Categorization (CIFAC) project, exploring the relationship between job responsibili…
- Reengineering Curricula for Tomorrow's Students
January 1, 2004
To prepare faculty for tomorrow's students, Drexel University is developing the Drexel Institute for Academic Transformation. Using technology and sound pedagogical principles, faculty will le…
- Helping Faculty Hurdle Barriers: How Two Disparate Departments Collaborate to Support Teaching with Technology at UNH
January 1, 2004
According to Butler and Sellbom (2002), the three most common barriers faculty face when attempting to adopt technology are unreliability, learning curve, and impact on learning. Learn how the Univ…
- Move Over Socrates: Online Discussion is Here
January 1, 2003
Online discussion supports critical thought by facilitating an adaptive exchange of ideas. This is simply the Socratic method brought forward to a new environment and made scaleable through technol…
- Meeting Challenges Collaboratively: A Multi-Institutional Approach to Online Student Services That Works!
January 1, 2003
The Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium, with over 10 public and private, two- and four-year institutions, has created a unique collaborative model of providing support services to online stud…
- Driving Institutional Transition to the Learning Paradigm with Instructional Technology: Coupling Transformation and Scalability
January 1, 2002
Most faculty operate largely within the confines of the Instructional Paradigm (with a focus on content delivery), but the pedagogical potential of instructional technology is best suited to learni…