Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (6)
- Teaching and Learning (6)
- Cybersecurity (3)
- Security Management (3)
- Support Services (3)
- Teaching (3)
- Collaboration (2)
- E-Learning (2)
- Faculty Computing Support (2)
- Faculty Development (2)
- Faculty (2)
- Incident Handling and Response (2)
- Instructional Technologies (2)
- Online Teaching Strategies (2)
- Academic Analytics (1)
- Analytics (1)
- Curriculum Development (1)
- Digital Content (1)
- Identity and Access Management (1)
- Instructional Design (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Analytics 3-Day Sprint - Summary
August 20, 2012
This brief summarizes the main themes from the EDUCAUSE Analytics Sprint, held July 24–26, 2012. Presenters and participants exchanged ideas and information via webinars, online conversations, …
- ACTI 2012 Member Meeting Report (4/12/12)
April 12, 2012
The 2012 ACTI member meeting was held in partnership with the Common Solutions Group on the Stanford University campus in Palo Alto, California. The ACTI member meeting took place on January 10, …
- ACTI 2011 Meeting Report
August 11, 2011
EDUCAUSE’s Advanced Core Technologies Initiative (ACTI) held its first in‐person member meeting July 7–8, 2011, in Boston, Mass. ACTI ( www.educause.edu/acti ), which was formed in fall 2…
- Mobile Computing 5-Day Sprint—Summary
June 3, 2011
This EDUCAUSE brief summarizes the main themes from the EDUCAUSE Mobile Computing 5-Day Sprint, held April 25–29, 2011. This learning experience brought together presenters and hundreds of part…
- Final Report of the 2007 Cybersecurity Summit
November 30, 2007
This is the final report for the 2007 NSF Cybersecurity Summit, held February 22 & 23rd, 2007, in Arlington, VA. This is the final report fo…
- Computer-Related Incidents in Colleges and Universities: Factors and Categorization
January 1, 2004
This presentation provides preliminary findings from the first phase of the Computer Incident Factor Analysis and Categorization (CIFAC) project, exploring the relationship between job responsibili…
- Reengineering Curricula for Tomorrow's Students
January 1, 2004
To prepare faculty for tomorrow's students, Drexel University is developing the Drexel Institute for Academic Transformation. Using technology and sound pedagogical principles, faculty will le…
- Helping Faculty Hurdle Barriers: How Two Disparate Departments Collaborate to Support Teaching with Technology at UNH
January 1, 2004
According to Butler and Sellbom (2002), the three most common barriers faculty face when attempting to adopt technology are unreliability, learning curve, and impact on learning. Learn how the Univ…
- Move Over Socrates: Online Discussion is Here
January 1, 2003
Online discussion supports critical thought by facilitating an adaptive exchange of ideas. This is simply the Socratic method brought forward to a new environment and made scaleable through technol…
- Meeting Challenges Collaboratively: A Multi-Institutional Approach to Online Student Services That Works!
January 1, 2003
The Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium, with over 10 public and private, two- and four-year institutions, has created a unique collaborative model of providing support services to online stud…