Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Join These Programs If Your Focus IsStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (349)
- Teaching and Learning (178)
- Policy and Law (115)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (86)
- Information Systems and Services (80)
- Libraries and Technology (73)
- Federal Policy and Law (69)
- 30363 (45)
- Operational Planning (36)
- Financial Management (35)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Harnessing Diversity in Higher Education: Lessons From Texas
August 20, 2008
Ford Policy Forum 2006 contains the papers presented and discussed at the Ford Policy Forum, held during the Forum's 2005 Aspen Symposium. The Ford Policy Forum studies key economic iss…
- Bridging the Diversity Divide: A Necessary Challenge for Higher Education in the 21st Century
August 21, 2008
Forum Futures 2002 is a collection of summaries of the papers presented and discussed at the Forum's 2001 Aspen Symposium. Forum Fut…
- Diversities and Higher Education Racial, Economic, and Political
August 27, 2008
The 2005 Ford Policy Forum focused on racial, economic, and political diversity in higher education. Scholars include Marta Tienda, Shirley Ort, and Edwin Feulner. The monograph opens with an in…
- Forum Futures 2008
September 12, 2008
Forum Futures 2008 is a compilation of summaries of the papers presented and discussed at the Forum’s 2007 Aspen Symposium. Papers address topics such as trends and risks shaping American h…
- Ford Policy Forum 2006
May 18, 2006
Ford Policy Forum 2006 contains the papers presented and discussed at the Ford Policy Forum, held during the Forum’s 2005 Aspen Symposium. The Ford Policy Forum studies key economic issues …
- Ford Policy Forum 2008
July 16, 2008
Ford Policy Forum 2008 contains the papers presented and discussed at the Ford Policy Forum, held during the Forum’s 2007 Aspen Symposium. The Ford Policy Forum studies key economic issue…
- Endowment Spending: Goals, Rates, and Rules
January 1, 2005
The authors present their views on establishing more nuanced endowment spending rates and rules. The authors present their views on establishing more n…
- The Artful Brain
January 1, 2005
V.S. Ramachandran speculates about the artistic universals from a neuroscientist's point of view. V.S. Ramachandran speculates about the artistic …
- Educating the Brain: Lessons from Brain Imaging
January 1, 2005
John Gabrieli describes how the emergence of functional neuroimaging techniques offers unprecedented opportunities to discover how the brain learns and remembers. …
- Multimedia Scholarship for the 21st Century University
January 1, 2005
The authors focus on multimedia scholarship and the use of it to transform, expand, and bridge academic research, pedagogy, and publication. The author…