Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- CDS Spotlight: Information Security
June 26, 2015
This research bulletin uses data from Modules 1 and 7 of the EDUCAUSE Core Data Service to examine the current state of information security in higher education. Using a graphic-based format, …
- Where Should You Keep Your Data?
June 25, 2015
"Formal policies on information storage are finally beginning to emerge from federal grant agencies. Federal funding agencies have made it clear that grant proposals must include plans for s…
- Where Badges Work Better
June 23, 2015
Following their emergence around 2011, digital badges began transforming the way learning and accomplishment are recognized. Badges are now integral to growing numbers of associations, formal and…
- The Evolution Continues: Considerations for the Future of Research in Online and Blended Learning
June 16, 2015
The model of online learning that has evolved over the past 20 years relies on ubiquitous data communications that are owned and operated routinely by all segments of the population. Today, peopl…
- Educational Technology and Faculty Development in Higher Education
June 15, 2015
Assisting faculty with the instructional integration of information technology and the optimization of technology in teaching and learning are enduring themes in the top 10 IT issues in highe…
- Early Progress: Interim Report on Personalized Learning
November 1, 2014
The interim findings from an ongoing study of schools using personalized learning practices are promising; students are making significantly greater gains in math and reading over the last two ye…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Degree-Planning Tools
June 11, 2015
Degree-planning tools provide personalized guidance to students about navigating higher education. Using institutional information and data about students, these tools aim to help s…
- 7 Things You Should Read About IPAS
June 11, 2015
Integrated planning and advising services (IPAS) is an integrative approach to student success that promotes shared ownership for educational progress among students, faculty, and staff . It e…
- Meditations of a CIO Yogi
June 22, 2015
Tracy Schroeder, Vice President for Information Services & Technology at Boston University, is the 2015 Viewpoints department editor for EDUCAUSE Review . My first CIO role, a…
- Future Thoughts
June 22, 2015
Jonathan Blake Huer, Director of Emerging Technologies and Media Development at Ball State University, is the 2015 New Horizons department editor for EDUCAUSE Review . As …