Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- 7 Things You Should Read About Personalized Learning
April 27, 2015
Personalized learning has the potential to considerably improve student outcomes. Developments in information technologies today allow systems to provide targeted resources and support to muc…
- The Next Generation Digital Learning Environment: A Report on Research
April 27, 2015
In partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, EDUCAUSE explored the gaps between current learning management tools and a digital learning environment that could meet the changi…
- Analytics in Higher Education, 2015
May 11, 2015
Related EDUCAUSE Resources View all EDUCAUSE Analytics Resources 2012 ECAR Study of Analytics in Higher Education 2015 EDUCAUSE Administrative IT Summit , "Analytics…
- 2015 ACUTA/NACUBO State of Resnet Report
April 20, 2015
The 2015 report is a comprehensive survey designed to measure the broad variation in practice and policy within higher education and lay the groundwork for long-term trend analysis and benchmarki…
- TCO for Cloud Services: A Framework
April 24, 2015
One of the common justifications for moving to cloud services is cost savings , but the data are often insufficient to support such claims due to the inherent challenges in effec…
- Electronic Lab Notebooks: ECAR-WG Technology Spotlight
April 9, 2015
Electronic lab notebooks (ELNs) are software-based tools to replace paper lab notebooks . Scientists and other researchers use laboratory notebooks to organize their data, and ELNs mov…
- OpenID Connect: ECAR-WG Technology Spotlight
April 9, 2015
OpenID Connect is an “interoperable authentication protocol based on the OAuth 2.0 family of specifications” —that is, it uses the standardized message flows that OAuth makes available i…
- The Higher Education IT Service Catalog: A Working Model for Comparison and Collaboration
April 8, 2015
The implementation of a service catalog is an important step in transforming from a technology-oriented organization into a service-oriented organization. The service catalog is a veh…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Universal Design for Learning
April 6, 2015
Universal Design for Learning is a framework for the design of materials and instructional methods that are usable by a wide range of students. One aim of UDL is to provide full access …
- Taming Application Sprawl
April 27, 2015
Key Takeaways Facing financial pressure during the great recession and the need to cut budgets , Cornell focused on reducing application support to achieve savings in the IT…