Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Maximize Institutional Relationships with CRMs
July 31, 2014
This Spotlight focuses on data from the 2013 Core Data Service to better understand how higher education institutions approach customer relationship management (CRM) systems. Information provid…
- HawkLearn: A Small College Reaches for the Clouds
July 28, 2014
Key Takeaways Tasked with developing a learning management system road map to satisfy Generation Y's teamwork and collaboration characteristics, Saint Anselm College's …
- Digital Preservation Policy Framework: A Case Study
July 28, 2014
Key Takeaways The Ohio State University Libraries created an organizational policy for digital preservation , shared here to address the policy development process and its impor…
- Change Literacy in Higher Education
July 28, 2014
Key Takeaways Encouraging literacy about change management — change literacy — will help varied campus constituencies deal with ongoing change by developing their …
- Next Gen Tools: Blended Learning Classroom Design
July 23, 2014
This innovation brief from Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) focuses on the classroom design of Merit Prep--a large open space with smaller adjoining breakout rooms to accommodate up t…
- University of Michigan Physics Department: E2Coach
July 21, 2014
The E2Coach project from the Department of Physics at the University of Michigan (UM) addresses the challenge of providing individual student support in high-enrollment introductory science cours…
- Next Gen Tools: Competency Report
July 21, 2014
This innovation brief from Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) describes the development and evolution of the competency report created for Northern Arizona University's Personalize…
- The Chief Information Officer in Higher Education, 2014 Reports
July 18, 2014
This study provides information about higher education CIOs’ attributes, education, experience, and effectiveness and about the technology professionals who are likely to replace these…
- IT Infrastructure Projects: A Framework for Analysis
July 15, 2014
Just as maintaining a healthy infrastructure of water delivery and roads is essential to the functioning of cities and towns, maintaining a healthy infrastructure of information technology is ess…
- Chattanooga State Community College: U Do the Math Program
July 15, 2014
U Do the Math provides an innovative alternative to developmental math, replacing traditional course lectures with a student-centered approach to active learning and sub…