Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Clearing Up Some Myths About MOOCs
June 11, 2013
Blogger Cathy Davidson decide to wade through myths about MOOCs by teaching one in Winter/Spring of 2014. Blogger Cathy Davidson decide to…
- Napster, Udacity, and the Academy
November 12, 2012
Clay Shirky provides a thoughtful discussion in this blog on MOOCs and its early stages of possible disruption of higher education. Clay Shirky p…
- The Ultimate eLearning Design and Development Checklist
April 9, 2012
Blogger Nicole Legault created a comprehensive checklist for those involved in the design and development of eLearning courses. Subject areas include; Instructional Design Assessments…
- The Evolving LMS Market, Part I and Part II
December 21, 2010
In this post,the author discusses what the data are telling us so far about the recent shifts in the market, describe how colleges and universities come to decide that they need to go to market f…
- Social Media guidelines
June 4, 2009
This blog from Florida International University provides some guidelines for how to communicate on behalf of FIU on social media sites. This blog…
- Toward a Product Evaluation Framework
March 7, 2010
This evaluation framework is offered not as a final model, but as a route by which people can think through and share some ideas around this goal. Conversation, disagreement, and dialogue about t…
- Learning about Lecture Capture Technology
February 21, 2010
This blogger is in the process of picking a lecture capture technology and is blogging about the experience and their findings. This blogger is i…
- Copyright Threats End UCLA Libraryâ€™s Online Video System
February 5, 2010
Michael Weinberg writes in a Public Knowledge blog, "Being able to watch videos on your own time is a great boon to students. There is no practical reason that a student has to be in a certa…
- The Meaning of Open
December 21, 2009
A blog entry from Google executive, Jonathan Rosenberg, Senior Vice President of Product Management on the meaning on "Open". Â A…
- Cyber-Insurance Advancement Underscores Data Breach Risk Recognition
January 15, 2009
While the market for cyber-insurance remains largely nascent, with most private sector organizations still unable to adequately safeguard their financial and operational well-being against a majo…