Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Effective Practices [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Identity Finder Case Study
June 21, 2010
The University of Pennsylvania enacted a comprehensive Social Security Number policy in May of 2007. The stated purpose of the policy was to protect social security numbers by eliminating them, c…
- Developing a Certification Authority for PKI at Virginia Tech
January 1, 2011
Virginia Tech began to explore how to integrate digital certificates into our infrastructure services after the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Council on Technology Services’ Privacy, security, a…
- "Caught in the Act" Raising Student Awareness of Safe Computing Practices
January 1, 2004
In the past three years, computer security incidents at higher education institutions have increased tremendously, and the University of Buffalo (UB) is no exception. Students have lost UB IT acc…
- HIPAA Security Assessment
January 1, 2004
The Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) assessment tool was developed based on initial work by the North Carolina Health and Human Services (NCHHS) office. The NCHHS HIPAA S…
- Improving Security through Automated Policy Enforcement
January 1, 2004
The University of Toronto provides network access to departments and users that "self-manage" their computers. Self-managed computers have proven to be susceptible to vulnerabilities an…
- E-Commerce and the Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP)
January 1, 2005
This submission provides basic information important for universities that sell products or services online and collect fees via credit card. The approach is meant to help institutions of higher …
- iPods + iTunes + Faculty = iTunes U at Fairfield University
January 1, 2006
Fairfield University has helped faculty incorporate audio and video technology into their curricula to make their content available to students in a digital format. Teaming up with Apple Computer…
- Accessibility Compliance in Distance Learning: Barrier-Free Multimedia
January 1, 2007
The Western Kentucky University (WKU) Office of Distance Learning was created in 2000 to provide faculty teaching online courses with resources to improve the content of their courses. In 2003, …