Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Effective Practices [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Network Security and Applications [x]
- Cybersecurity (13)
- Security Management (7)
- Vulnerability Scanning (4)
- Encryption (3)
- Network Vulnerability Assessment (3)
- Firewalls (2)
- Incident Handling and Response (2)
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention (2)
- Security Architecture (2)
- Security Risk Assessment and Analysis (2)
- 30363 (1)
- Applications (1)
- Authentication (1)
- Identity and Access Management (1)
- Information Systems and Services (1)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (1)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (1)
- Policy and Law (1)
- Risk Management (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Application Security for Management, Project Managers, and Architects
March 25, 2011
Although Web application security is gradually improving, many project leaders, vendors, and programmers are still unaware of vulnerabilities that can expose confidential institutional data, allo…
- Application Security for Developers and Quality Assurance Personnel
March 25, 2011
It is often the case that developers and software vendors are not fully aware of application security vulnerabilities. In many cases, these vulnerabilities can be prevented with training, more co…
- Enhancing Application Security With a Web Application Firewall
February 17, 2011
UC Irvine has done extensive research in comparing the many different options short of physically testing each appliance. After meeting with each vendor, UC Irvine asked them to send a completed …
- Implementing Whole Disk Encryption with Microsoft Windows Vista Bitlocker at the McIntire School of Commerce
October 22, 2008
The McIntire school, as part of a University of Virginia wide effort to eliminate and protect sensitive data, selected Microsoft Windows Vista's bitlocker drive encryption for securing data …
- Whole Disk Encryption Evaluation and Deployment
October 2, 2008
Baylor University has spent two years working on a large-scale deployment of whole-disk encryption. Baylor University has spent two years working…
- Developing a Certification Authority for PKI at Virginia Tech
January 1, 2011
Virginia Tech began to explore how to integrate digital certificates into our infrastructure services after the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Council on Technology Services’ Privacy, security, a…
- Network Registration System Scanner
January 1, 2004
As of fall 2003, the University of Connecticut network consists of approximately 20,000 hosts, 11,000 of which are in the residential halls. Our commercial Internet link is about 200 Mbps, and th…
- Open Source Security Tools at Maricopa Community Colleges
January 1, 2004
The Maricopa Community Colleges consist of 10 colleges, two skill centers, and many college satellite centers, including classes being held at the Arizona state prison. More than 200,000 students…
- Lessons Learned from RIT’s First Security Posture Assessment
January 1, 2004
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) is the 11th largest private university in the United States with approximately 22,500 hosts on our network. We have one of the largest computer science and…
- Responding to Large Scale Incidents at UFL
January 1, 2004
An effective security program has a number of components. The information security program at the University of Florida (UF) has expanded over the past four years in response to the growing issue…