Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Cybersecurity (27)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (23)
- Security Management (19)
- Teaching and Learning (15)
- Network Security and Applications (13)
- Policy and Law (8)
- Instructional Technologies (7)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (7)
- Security Risk Assessment and Analysis (7)
- Security Implementation (6)
- E-Learning (5)
- Federal Policy and Law (5)
- Identity and Access Management (5)
- Information Systems and Services (5)
- Network Applications (5)
- Network Vulnerability Assessment (5)
- Risk Management (5)
- Computing Facilities (4)
- Security Architecture (4)
- Support Services (4)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Application Security for Database Administrators
March 25, 2011
Applying multi-layer security to protect sensitive or confidential data is the focus of most application security efforts. Inventorying and securing sensitive data and all applications, software …
- Application Security for Developers and Quality Assurance Personnel
March 25, 2011
It is often the case that developers and software vendors are not fully aware of application security vulnerabilities. In many cases, these vulnerabilities can be prevented with training, more co…
- Application Security for Management, Project Managers, and Architects
March 25, 2011
Although Web application security is gradually improving, many project leaders, vendors, and programmers are still unaware of vulnerabilities that can expose confidential institutional data, allo…
- Georgia State University's IT Procurement Review Process--Practical Approach to Assessing Risks of IT Projects
March 17, 2011
In late 2005, the Security Review Policy was adopted by the University, which states "Where appropriate, information security personnel will conduct risk assessments of technologies/processe…
- Implementing Information Security Governance Using ISO 27000
March 17, 2011
GSU's CIO sponsored the ISO 27001 certification initiative at Georgia State University in mid 2007 and the Information Security Department and Office of Disbursements were the first GSU depa…
- Enhancing Application Security With a Web Application Firewall
February 17, 2011
UC Irvine has done extensive research in comparing the many different options short of physically testing each appliance. After meeting with each vendor, UC Irvine asked them to send a completed …
- Developing a Certification Authority for PKI at Virginia Tech
January 1, 2011
Virginia Tech began to explore how to integrate digital certificates into our infrastructure services after the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Council on Technology Services’ Privacy, security, a…
- A Quality Scorecard for the Administration of Online Education Programs
October 5, 2010
As the demands for public accountability increase for the higher education industry, institutions are seeking methods for continuous improvement in which they may demonstrate the level of quality…
- Identity Finder Case Study
June 21, 2010
The University of Pennsylvania enacted a comprehensive Social Security Number policy in May of 2007. The stated purpose of the policy was to protect social security numbers by eliminating them, c…
- Identity Assurance at Virginia Tech
March 23, 2010
In June, 2008, the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors passed a resolution on increasing administrative efficiencies through expansion of automated systems and enhanced security. The resolution charg…