Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Plans and Guidelines [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (5)
- Faculty (4)
- Computing Facilities (3)
- Faculty Development (3)
- Instructional Computing Facilities (3)
- Learning Environments (3)
- Learning Space (3)
- Organizational Issues, Teaching and Learning (3)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (3)
- Standards (2)
- Campus Policies (1)
- Collaboration (1)
- Cybersecurity (1)
- Instructional Technologies (1)
- Partnerships (1)
- Planning (1)
- Policy and Law (1)
- Surveys (1)
- Teaching (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- UNH Social Media Guidelines
January 19, 2012
These guidelines are designed to help University of New Hampshire employees who create or contribute to University-related electronic social media to do so in a respectful, professional, relevan…
- Collaborating with Faculty
August 18, 2011
A common information security issue across college and university campuses is how to engage faculty in good security practices to protect university data. In many cases, this is an issue because…
- Practical Guidelines for Using Technology Tools in Classroom Teaching
March 1, 2011
This site provides practical guidelines for using technology in teaching . They may help you manage technology-supported teaching more effectively, avoiding some of the common pitfalls. …
- Design Guidelines: Learning Environments
January 1, 2006
The University of Cincinnati's guidelines on constructing learning environments. The University of Cincinnati's guidelines on constructing le…
- Classroom & Technology Design & Construction Minimum Requirements
May 26, 2011
Pennsylvania State University's Classroom & Technology Design & Construction requirements. Includes an archive from 2005 to present. …
- Classroom Standards
January 1, 2004
Construction guidelines for classrooms at North Carolina State University. Construction guidelines for classrooms at North Carolina State Univers…
- Strategic Planning for Faculty Development
January 1, 2005
Strategic Planning for Faculty Development for Duke University's Nicholas School. Strategic Planning for Faculty Development for Duke University…
- Faculty Professional Development for Academic Technology in the CSU
January 1, 2005
California State University plan for Faculty Professional Development and Academic Technology. California State University plan for Faculty Professiona…
- Faculty Development Committee Strategic Plan
January 1, 2005
Strategic Plan for the Faculty Development Committee for California Community Colleges. Strategic Plan for the Faculty Development Committee for Califo…
- LEAD's Current AN-MSI Evaluation Design: Dec 2000
January 1, 2000
This document is an updated version of the LEAD Center's evaluation design for the AN-MSI project, describing what they've done in the past 6 months and what they plan to do for the 6 m…