Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Plans and Guidelines [x]
Filter by Publications
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Emergency Preparedness
April 29, 2009
Oakland University's Emergency Preparedness web site. Includes information on procedures, communication, infection prevention and control. O…
- Disaster Response and Recovery Plan
August 23, 2008
This is the University of Central Washington's Information Technology Services Disaster Response and Recovery Plan. This is the University…
- Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Workplan and Progress Report
September 15, 2006
Over the past three years, significant progress has been made toward increasing the University of Minnesota's overall emergency response capabilities through the revision of our Emergency Op…
- Disaster Preparation and Recovery: A Plan for Business Continuity
August 24, 2006
This is the business continuity and disaster recovery plan for University of Miami. This is the business continuity and disaster recovery plan fo…
- Library Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Plan
August 27, 2004
This is the library disaster preparedness and recovery plan for the University of Virginia Library. This is the library disaster preparedness and…
- Collection Disaster Response Procedures
August 23, 2005
This is the Collection Disaster Response Procedures for the University of Hawaii's Library preservation department. This is the Collection D…
- ITS Disaster Recovery
August 18, 2005
This is the University of Iowa's Information Technology Services Disaster Recovery Plan. The plan provides guidelines for ensuring that needed personnel and resources are available for both …
- IT Disaster Recovery Plan
October 19, 2006
This is the Adams State College IT Disaster Recovery Plan. This is the Adams State College IT Disaster Recovery Plan. …
- University of Maryland Academic Telecommunications System (UMATS) Disaster Recovery Plan
December 27, 2006
University of Maryland Academic Telecommunications System (UMATS) Disaster Recovery Plan University of Maryland Academic Telecommunications Syste…
- How to Prepare and Implement a Disaster Recovery Plan
August 22, 2006
This is the University of Missouri's Records Management Department's Disaster Recovery Plan. This is the University of Missouri's …