Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Higher Education Information Security Council Charter
January 30, 2014
The HEISC mission is to support higher education institutions as they improve information security governance, compliance, data protection, and privacy programs. HEISC accomplishes this work thro…
- Collaborating with Faculty
August 18, 2011
A common information security issue across college and university campuses is how to engage faculty in good security practices to protect university data. In many cases, this is an issue because …
- Mobile Internet Device Security Guidelines
June 29, 2011
This document is designed to help you develop mobile Internet device security policy, standards, guidelines or procedures. It is organized into steps you can follow to define your objectives …
- Communicating Effectively to Faculty about Information Security
July 14, 2010
Developing an awareness strategy for college or university faculty can be a daunting task. The keys to reaching this diverse group of influential individuals are unique to each campus. Below are …
- Compliance Matrix Poster for IT & Compliance Professionals
March 17, 2010
This matrix poster developed by Symantec outlines IT Controls for security and privacy concerns related to regulatory compliance in the workplace. Topics addressed in this poster include: Regu…
- IT Security Information - IT Risk Management
January 11, 2008
The CU-Boulder IT Security Office has developed a risk management framework and risk assessment service to meet campus needs in identifying and mitigating IT related risk. The risk management fra…
- Enterprise Information Security Program
March 26, 2009
The University of Iowa’s program for information security is a combination of policy, security architecture modeling, and descriptions of current IT security services and control practices. …
- Security Task Force 2008â€“2009 Strategic Plan: Safeguarding Our IT Assets, Protecting Our Communityâ€™s Privacy
September 3, 2008
The EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Computer and Network Security Task Force (STF) provides a focal point for the academic community to join together to strengthen the ability of the higher education sector t…
- Information Risk Management Policy Template
March 17, 2008
The purpose of this policy template is to ensure that risks to University information are identified, analyzed, and managed so that they are maintained at acceptable levels. Risks to the confiden…
- Information Security Strategic Plan Template
March 17, 2008
This plan was adapted from the University of Colorado System’s “IT Security Program Strategic Plan for 2007-2008.” The purpose of this sample plan is to establish a formal IT Securi…