Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Policy Guidelines for the Development and Promotion of Open Access
April 9, 2012
This UNESCO publication seeks to serve the needs of Open Access (OA) policy development at the government, institutional and funding agency level. The overall objective of the Policy Guide…
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Academic and Research Libraries
February 1, 2012
This guide was published by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) as a clear and easy-to-use statement of fair and reasonable approaches to fair use developed by and for librarians who sup…
- UNH Social Media Guidelines
January 19, 2012
These guidelines are designed to help University of New Hampshire employees who create or contribute to University-related electronic social media to do so in a respectful, professional, relevant…
- Mobile Internet Device Security Guidelines
June 29, 2011
This document is designed to help you develop mobile Internet device security policy, standards, guidelines or procedures. It is organized into steps you can follow to define your objectives …
- Compliance Matrix Poster for IT & Compliance Professionals
March 17, 2010
This matrix poster developed by Symantec outlines IT Controls for security and privacy concerns related to regulatory compliance in the workplace. Topics addressed in this poster include: Regu…
- Higher Education Information Security Council 2014 Strategic Priorities
January 30, 2014
The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has identified three areas of focus in 2014, which closely align with the 2014 EDUCAUSE Strategic Directions . This year's stra…
- Enterprise Information Security Program
March 26, 2009
The University of Iowa’s program for information security is a combination of policy, security architecture modeling, and descriptions of current IT security services and control practices. …
- Implementing the Higher Education Opportunity Act â€“ A Checklist for Business Officers
December 8, 2009
NACUBO has prepared a high-level checklist of provisions stemming from the Higher Education Opportunity Act to help business officers and others keep track of key compliance obligations. The …
- Security Task Force 2008â€“2009 Strategic Plan: Safeguarding Our IT Assets, Protecting Our Communityâ€™s Privacy
September 3, 2008
The EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Computer and Network Security Task Force (STF) provides a focal point for the academic community to join together to strengthen the ability of the higher education sector t…
- Image Collection Guidelines
November 28, 2007
These are guidelines in the acquisition and use of images in non-profit educational visual resources collections, written by the Visual Resources Association. …