Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Plans and Guidelines [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Federal Policy and Law [x]
- Policy and Law (9)
- Cybersecurity (5)
- Security Management (5)
- Cybersecurity Policy (4)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (4)
- Intellectual Property (4)
- Copyright (3)
- Data Security (3)
- Audit (2)
- Data Breach (2)
- Digital Libraries (2)
- Fair Use (2)
- Federal Privacy Law (2)
- Incident Handling and Response (2)
- Libraries and Technology (2)
- Planning (2)
- Privacy (2)
- Security Risk Assessment and Analysis (2)
- Digital Imaging (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Policy Guidelines for the Development and Promotion of Open Access
April 9, 2012
This UNESCO publication seeks to serve the needs of Open Access (OA) policy development at the government, institutional and funding agency level. The overall objective of the Policy Guide…
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Academic and Research Libraries
February 1, 2012
This guide was published by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) as a clear and easy-to-use statement of fair and reasonable approaches to fair use developed by and for librarians who sup…
- Compliance Matrix Poster for IT & Compliance Professionals
March 17, 2010
This matrix poster developed by Symantec outlines IT Controls for security and privacy concerns related to regulatory compliance in the workplace. Topics addressed in this poster include: Regu…
- Higher Education Information Security Council 2012–2013 Strategic Plan
February 24, 2012
The HEISC mission is to improve information security, data protection, and privacy programs across the higher education sector through its working groups of volunteers and professional EDUCAUSE s…
- Implementing the Higher Education Opportunity Act – A Checklist for Business Officers
December 8, 2009
NACUBO has prepared a high-level checklist of provisions stemming from the Higher Education Opportunity Act to help business officers and others keep track of key compliance obligations. The …
- Image Collection Guidelines
November 28, 2007
These are guidelines in the acquisition and use of images in non-profit educational visual resources collections, written by the Visual Resources Association. …
- Guidelines for Responding to Compulsory Legal Requests for Information
May 11, 2007
Law enforcement requests for electronic records generally should be handled in the same way as other legal requests for other documents and by the same people. This is a guideline on how to handl…
- Confidential Data Handling Blueprint
June 11, 2007
The Confidential Data Handling Toolkit provides a consolidation of resources that are anchored to the overarching themes related to information protection secure data handling. …
- Yale University Data Breach Containment Procedure
January 1, 2006
Disclosure Notification Flow Chart for the Yale University Data Breach Containment Procedure. Disclosure Notification Flow Chart for the Yale Universit…