Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Plans and Guidelines [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Higher Education Information Security Council Charter
January 30, 2014
The HEISC mission is to support higher education institutions as they improve information security governance, compliance, data protection, and privacy programs. HEISC accomplishes this work thro…
- Collaborating with Faculty
August 18, 2011
A common information security issue across college and university campuses is how to engage faculty in good security practices to protect university data. In many cases, this is an issue because …
- Security Task Force 2008â€“2009 Strategic Plan: Safeguarding Our IT Assets, Protecting Our Communityâ€™s Privacy
September 3, 2008
The EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Computer and Network Security Task Force (STF) provides a focal point for the academic community to join together to strengthen the ability of the higher education sector t…
- Information Risk Management Policy Template
March 17, 2008
The purpose of this policy template is to ensure that risks to University information are identified, analyzed, and managed so that they are maintained at acceptable levels. Risks to the confiden…
- NIST 800-88 Guidelines for Media Sanitization
September 28, 2006
This guide will assist organizations and system owners in making practical sanitization decisions based on the level of confidentiality of their information. It does not, and cannot, specifically…
- Security Task Force Strategic Plan 2006-2007 : Making Progress on Data Protection, Risk Assessment, Incident Response and Business Continuity
June 20, 2007
This 2006-2007 strategic plan is intended to identify a few key priorities for the next year that will guide and direct the activities of the EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Security Task Force. …
- Practical Information Media Sanitization Guidelines for Higher Education
October 6, 2006
When these storage and media devices become obsolete or are no longer needed the sensitive or private data must be effectively removed from the storage media or be destroyed before the devices ar…
- Confidential Data Handling Blueprint
June 11, 2007
The Confidential Data Handling Toolkit provides a consolidation of resources that are anchored to the overarching themes related to information protection secure data handling. …
- Yale University Data Breach Containment Procedure
January 1, 2006
Disclosure Notification Flow Chart for the Yale University Data Breach Containment Procedure. Disclosure Notification Flow Chart for the Yale Universit…
- University Institutional Data Management
December 1, 2010
Indiana University Institutional Data Management program is the development and execution of principles, architectures, policies, practices and procedures that ensure broad appropriate availabili…