Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Student Engagement and Interaction [x]
- Teaching and Learning (509)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (206)
- Instructional Technologies (176)
- Learning (155)
- Games and Gaming (150)
- E-Learning (138)
- Teaching (97)
- Learners (78)
- Virtual Community (73)
- Distributed Computing (67)
- Social Media (67)
- Mobile Computing (66)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (63)
- Instructional Design (61)
- IT Integration (58)
- Institutional Management (58)
- Simulations (50)
- Mobile Learning (47)
- Students (47)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Student Engagement and Interaction
Student Engagement and Interaction True Student Engage…
- Higher Education in the Ultra-Connected Age
April 25, 2013
New forms of scholarship, new educational pathways , and new interconnections and dependencies characterize the digitally rich landscape of higher education today. We are living and workin…
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience
May 6, 2013
Key Takeaways The University of Michigan's North Quadrangle Residential and Academic Complex was designed to foster experiential learning opportunities and encourage gro…
- Quest Atlantis: Learning Through Transformational Play
November 20, 2012
“Profiles of Next Generation Learning” is a new video series produced by Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation . Each video explores the wa…
- iCivics: Preparing Young Americans for the 21st Century
November 20, 2012
"Profiles of Next Generation Learning" is a new video series produced by Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation . Each video explores …
- Measuring Learner Engagement in Computer-Equipped College Classrooms
April 1, 2008
Although engagement and learning appear linked, quantitatively measuring this relationship is challenging. New technologies offer a window into studying the interactions among classroom activi…
- Immersive Interfaces for Engagement and Learning
January 1, 2009
Immersion is the subjective impression that one is participating in a comprehensive, realistic experience. Interactive media now enable various degrees of digital immersion. The more a virtual im…
- 2013 Horizon Report
February 4, 2013
Produced by ELI and NMC each year, the Horizon Report describes six areas of emerging technology that will have significant impact on higher education and creative expression over the next one to…
- Emerging Technologies, Innovation, and Academic Transformation: A Report on the ELI Focus Session
January 31, 2013
On October 2 and 3, 2012, the ELI teaching and learning community gathered for an online focus session on emerging technologies, innovation, and academic transformation . This white paper is…
- Emerging Insights on Learning, Technology, and the Road Ahead
February 14, 2013
A session at the West/Southwest Regional Conference
In this presentation we'll explore emerging insights in the quickly changing world of learning. We'll look to models from today and envision the road ahead on issues including the inter…