Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- The Ever-Present Demand for Public Computing Resources
January 15, 2014
This CDS Spotlight focuses on public computing resources , including lab/cluster workstations in buildings, virtual lab/cluster workstations, kiosks, laptop and tablet checkout progr…
- Partnering for Transformative Teaching
July 1, 2013
Key Takeaways Innovation in the curricula , including experimentation with technologies and learning spaces, is most likely to be effective when driven by faculty and student need…
- The Learning Space Rating System
January 15, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - The Learning Space Rating System
The Learning Space Rating System (LSRS) provides institutions with a measure of how their classrooms and support operations encourage active learning. This project has created a set of measurable…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces
January 8, 2013
Alternative classroom designs have emerged that support collaborative learning and shift the focus away from lecture-based formats. Collaborative learning spaces generally involve new…
- Leveraging Collaborative Technologies and Pedagogies in Large Active Learning Classrooms
February 5, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Annual Meeting
Multiple universities are exploring the potential of large active learning classrooms, focusing on collaborative, problem-based learning activities. Current models do not actively address the col…
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota
November 1, 2012
Technology-enhanced learning spaces called Active Learning Classrooms (ALCs ) have become an important component of the teaching and learning paradigm at the University of Minnesota. Since Aug…
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at the University of Iowa
July 12, 2012
The University of Iowa’s Transform, Interact, Learn, and Engage (TILE) project encompasses a commitment to an active-learning pedagogical philosophy that infuses technology into colla…
- Students' Experiences with an Active Learning Classroom
October 16, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2013
In this session, we will present students' experiences with a technology-enriched active learning classroom called REAL at Michigan State University. We will offer user feedback on the effecti…
- If I Had a Million Dollars
March 20, 2012
This ECAR Research Bulletin focuses on EDUCAUSE Core Data Service (CDS) survey results related to a somewhat lighthearted but insightful hypothetical question about how two constituent groups mig…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Projecting from Mobile Devices
March 7, 2012
Emerging technologies allow users to connect to classroom projection systems from mobile devices , including tablets and some smartphones. Such tools can change the character of interaction…