Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- New Technologies, Pedagogies, and Curriculum: A Practical Perspective
August 3, 2015
Key Takeaways The move from instructor- to learner-based education is a major paradigm shift that is both fueled and supported by advances in technology . To successful…
- Student and Faculty Perceptions of Telepresence Courses
July 20, 2015
Key Takeaways To deliver a high-quality learning experience to remote learning sites , Minnesota State University, Mankato, invested in telepresence-enhanced classrooms and then…
- Partnering to Advance Learning in a Technology-Enhanced World
March 2, 2015
Building environments that afford new, high-impact learning opportunities for tomorrow’s citizens and workforce requires collaborative expertise. Integrating the science of learning into tec…
- Building Community with FLEXspace: The Flexible Learning Environments eXchange
February 23, 2015
Key Takeaways FLEXspace is a large-scale community solution to capture detailed information, images, and video of learning environment exemplars . The ELI Seeking Evidenc…
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces
October 13, 2014
Key Takeaways Experiential learning enhances student engagement and learning and thus is an important pedagogical driver of learning space design. Successful creatio…
- 2014 Student and Faculty Technology Research Studies
October 30, 2014
EDUCAUSE Technology Research in the Academic Community This research can catalyze conversations among IT professionals about how to better serve their constituents; among institutional leaders…
- The Ever-Present Demand for Public Computing Resources
January 15, 2014
This CDS Spotlight focuses on public computing resources , including lab/cluster workstations in buildings, virtual lab/cluster workstations, kiosks, laptop and tablet checkout progr…
- UMN Technology-Enabled Classroom Design
October 28, 2014
A session at the ELI 2014 Online Fall Focus Session: Re-Imagining Learning Spaces
The University of Minnesota sought to enhance student learning experiences by integrating innovative teaching pedagogies and technology. To accomplish this, UMN researched and implemented an acti…
- Current and Emerging Support Challenges for Technology-Enhanced Learning across the U.K. Higher Education Sector and Beyond
September 30, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference
UCISA has surveyed the U.K. higher education sector on the use of learning technology tools since 2001. Learn about the results of the 2014 survey, the factors affecting adoption, and the trends …
- Partnering for Transformative Teaching
July 1, 2013
Key Takeaways Innovation in the curricula , including experimentation with technologies and learning spaces, is most likely to be effective when driven by faculty and student need…