Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (12)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (10)
- Cybersecurity (6)
- Network Infrastructure and Equipment (6)
- Federal Policy and Law (4)
- Policy and Law (4)
- Communication (3)
- Distributed Computing (3)
- Information Systems and Services (3)
- Mobile Computing (3)
- Network Security and Applications (3)
- Security Management (3)
- Virtualization (3)
- Advanced Networking (2)
- Cloud Computing (2)
- Copyright (2)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) (2)
- Intellectual Property (2)
- Teaching and Learning (2)
- Telecommunications (2)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- ELI Podcast: Intelligent Tutoring
August 28, 2013
Ken Koedinger is a professor at the Human-Computer Interaction Institute at Carnegie-Mellon University. In this interview with ELI Director Malcolm Brown, Ken discusses intelligent …
- 7 Things You Should Know About VDI
June 24, 2011
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) separates the operating system and applications from the client device, providing a model of desktop computing that is much more flexible and efficie…
- 7 Things You Should Know About IPv6
April 20, 2011
The rapid expansion in the use of the Internet, coupled with explosive growth in the number of devices that access it, has prompted development of a new protocol, IPv6. Apart from adding subs…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Mobile App Development
April 19, 2011
Users increasingly expect to be able to do virtually everything on a mobile device that they can do on a laptop (if not more ). The initial decision point for any mobile development program …
- 7 Things You Should Know About Mobile Security
March 17, 2011
Very small computing devices represent a new frontier in the computer security war. Mobile devices amplify existing security concerns while introducing a new set of risks, but most people have …
- 7 Things You Should Know About Agile Development
December 1, 2010
The “agile” model for software development and IT project management is more about principles and practice than policy and process. In contrast to more traditional approaches, agile is predic…
- 7 Things You Should Know About ITIL
October 5, 2010
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a framework for guiding the design and delivery of IT services. In the same way that an organization might have standards for project m…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security
September 3, 2010
Cloud computing promises to provide considerable benefits for colleges and universities, including increased reliability and flexibility, with lower or more transparent costs. At the same time, c…
- 7 Things You Should Know About VoIP
July 30, 2010
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a technology that converts voice calls to data packets that travel over the same networks that carry data traffic. With VoIP, users with can make calls via …
- 7 Things You Should Know About Net Neutrality
June 22, 2010
Net neutrality is the principle that broadband Internet providers will handle all network traffic in a nondiscriminatory manner. The Internet was conceived as an “open” service that would ope…