Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- 7 Things You Should Know About IT Accessibility
August 13, 2014
IT accessibility is the ongoing process by which an organization ensures its current and future IT can be used effectively by everyone , including individuals with disabiliti…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Badging for Professional Development
August 7, 2014
Digital badges recognize a particular experience or signify accomplishments , such as completion of a project or mastery of a skill. In a professional context, a learner typically earns a …
- 7 Things You Should Know About Information Security Metrics
January 17, 2014
An information security metric is an ongoing collection of measurements to assess security performance , based on data collected from various sources . Information security metrics …
- 7 Things You Should Know About VDI
June 24, 2011
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) separates the operating system and applications from the client device, providing a model of desktop computing that is much more flexible and efficie…
- 7 Things You Should Know About IPv6
April 20, 2011
The rapid expansion in the use of the Internet, coupled with explosive growth in the number of devices that access it, has prompted development of a new protocol, IPv6. Apart from adding subs…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Mobile App Development
April 19, 2011
Users increasingly expect to be able to do virtually everything on a mobile device that they can do on a laptop (if not more ). The initial decision point for any mobile development program …
- 7 Things You Should Know About Mobile Security
March 17, 2011
Very small computing devices represent a new frontier in the computer security war. Mobile devices amplify existing security concerns while introducing a new set of risks, but most people have …
- 7 Things You Should Know About Agile Development
December 1, 2010
The â€œagileâ€ model for software development and IT project management is more about principles and practice than policy and process. In contrast to more traditional approaches, agile i…
- 7 Things You Should Know About ITIL
October 5, 2010
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a framework for guiding the design and delivery of IT services. In the same way that an organization might have standards for project m…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security
September 3, 2010
Cloud computing promises to provide considerable benefits for colleges and universities, including increased reliability and flexibility, with lower or more transparent costs. At the same time, c…