Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (1193)
- Blogs (1184)
- Articles, Blogs, Briefs, Case Studies and Papers (6917)
- Books and Monographs (90)
- Government Documents, Laws, Letters or Testimonies (117)
- Interactive Graphic and Infographics (18)
- Policies, Guidelines, Plans, Procedures and Tools (472)
- Presentations and Seminars (9686)
- Surveys (74)
- Multimedia (84)
Filter by Publications
- EDUCAUSE Review (2634)
- Community (2486)
- Archived Content (907)
- EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research (ECAR) (719)
- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) (301)
- EDUCAUSE Policy Office (238)
- EDUCAUSE Publications (225)
- Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) (163)
- Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) (112)
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Connected Learning
Connected Learning True What is Connected Learning? …
Badges True Badges represent a way of acknowledging achie…
- Online Learning
Online Learning True Online Learning is referred to by ma…
- Teaching with Technology
Teaching with Technology True In this age of BYOD, it is …
- IT Funding
IT Funding True We Built, We Bought, We Shared: The Cos…
- Leadership Development
Leadership Development True Today’s IT organization mus…
- Mobile Planning
Mobile Planning True Mobile devices are everywhere on cam…
- 7 Things You Should Read About Personalized Learning Models
November 24, 2015
The topic of personalized learning —along with related concepts such as adaptive learning and competency-based education —has received considerable attention lately, including predictio…
- Unified Communications in Higher Education: Responding to New Risks
November 17, 2015
New unified communications (UC) capabilities and the increased desire for richer collaboration experiences have led to a fundamental shift in the technology we use for communication. For …
- Integrated Planning & Advising for Student Success: After a Convening, Work Begins
October 30, 2015
iPASS stands for Integrated Planning and Advising for Student Success. There’s a lot behind the five-letter acronym and the name it stands for – and it means much more, for the students and f…