Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts [x]
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (33)
- Teaching and Learning (33)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (10)
- Institutional Management (5)
- Institutional Strategic Planning (5)
- Organizational Issues, Teaching and Learning (5)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (5)
- Learning (4)
- Policy and Law (3)
- Collaboration (2)
- Cybersecurity (2)
- Federal Policy and Law (2)
- Information Systems and Services (2)
- Leadership (2)
- Libraries and Technology (2)
- Privacy (2)
- Security Management (2)
- Social Media (2)
- Intellectual Property (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- E07 Podcast: An Interview with Mara Hancock, ETS Associate Director of Learning Systems at UC Berkely.
January 7, 2008
In this 17 minute podcast, we feature an interview with Mara Hancock , Associate Director for UC Berkeley's Educational Technology Services department. Educational Technology Services…
- E07 Podcast: An Interview with Heather Gordon
November 12, 2007
In this 12-minute podcast, we feature a phone interview with Heather Gordon , Director, Information Services and University Librarian, James Cook University . She discusses the University'…
- EDUCAUSE2006 Podcast: Classroom Technology Standards
April 22, 2007
In this 40-minute recording from the 2006 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, we'll hear from Kathryn Gates, Jie Tang and Anil Vinjamur in a session entitled Classroom Technology Standards and De…
- EDUCAUSE2006 Podcast: Designing Learning Spaces
April 5, 2007
In this 43-minute recording from the 2006 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, we'll hear from Homero Lopez, Richard Marmon, and Roger Yohe in a session entitled Designing Learning Spaces that Pr…
- EDUCAUSE2006 Podcast: Development of Temple's TECH Center
March 24, 2007
In this 46-minute recording from the 2006 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, we'll hear from Gerald Hinkle, Timothy O'Rourke, and Sheri Stahler in a session entitled From Labs to Collabora…
- ELI2007 Podcast: Creating New Spaces
February 5, 2007
In this 56-minute recording from the 2007 EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Annual Meeting, we'll hear from William Dittoe, Deborah Bickford, and David Wright in a session entitled Creating Ne…
- EDUCAUSE2006 Podcast: GroupSpaces for Laptop Collaboration
January 31, 2007
In this 40-minute recording from the 2006 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, we'll hear from Surajit Bose, Allen Chen, & Richard Holeton in a session entitled GroupSpaces for Laptop Collabor…
- Deborah Bickford and David Wright on Creating New Spaces for Learning
January 4, 2007
With the ELI 2007 Annual Meeting fast approaching, I interviewed the University of Dayton's Deborah Bickford and David Wright on the ideas behind their upcoming featured session, "Crea…
- An Interview with Lisa Hinchliffe
December 18, 2006
In this 15 minute recording, Lisa Hinchliffe shares some thoughts on, among other things, the role of librarians in the social computing sphere and shares some thoughts on her experiences the…
- An Interview with Rachel Edwards
October 26, 2006
In this 16 minute recording, we'll hear from Rachael Edwards , Learning Grid Manager at the University of Warwick. Listen in as she shares a bit about their innovative library and learni…