Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Collaboration [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (23)
- Learning Environments (23)
- Teaching and Learning (23)
- Learning (7)
- Libraries and Technology (7)
- Collaborative Learning (6)
- Computing Facilities (5)
- IT-Library Collaboration (4)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (4)
- Resource Sharing (3)
- Network Infrastructure and Equipment (2)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (2)
- Students (2)
- Digital Content (1)
- Digital Libraries (1)
- Help Desk (1)
- Instructional Design (1)
- Privacy (1)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Multimedia Services: Strategic Assets for Institutional Success
October 23, 2007
This research bulletin surveys the chief components of contemporary multimedia services in colleges and universities and describes some emerging practices for deploying and sustaining them in an …
- Navigating the Tennessee River: The Commons Steering Committee Charts a Course
June 12, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2007
Bringing together diverse work groups from IT and libraries to develop a new service can be challenging. This session will describe how the University of Tennessee applied many of the techniques us…
- Developing Collaborative Workstations
January 1, 2007
Good Ideas Developing Collaborative Workstations Careful consideration of student needs and testing of several prototypes yielded a successful model for collaborative workstations in the li…
- The Commons: A Concept to Stimulate Interdisciplinary Work
February 23, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference 2007
Commons are physical and virtual spaces designed for research collaboration. They bring back the best of the computing environment of the past and interject modern computing tools to stimulate solu…
- From Labs to Collaborative Spaces: Development of Temple University's TECH Center
January 17, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2007
In January 2007, Temple University will open the TECH Center, the largest facility of its kind in the nation. Designed to meet student technology needs and encourage collaborative work, the 24-hour…
- Seminar 12P - Informal Team Collaboration: Forces Driving Advanced Learning Space Design PLEASE NOTE: Separate registration and fee is required to attend this seminar.
October 9, 2006
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2006 Annual Conference
Net Generation students are here, laptops in hand, ready for wireless, multitasking. How do we accommodate them? We will focus on informal learning spaces and team collaboration, exploring issues, …
- TeamSpots All Over the Place: Implementation of a classroom collaboration tool in public and residential spaces.
April 26, 2006
A session at the EDUCAUSE Western Regional Conference 2006
Academic Computing at Stanford University has deployed multiple collaborative installations. We'll cover the technology and examine usage studies and statistics and discuss the impact of two n…
- Collaborative Learning Space Design for the Humanities
February 23, 2006
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference 2006
Spurred on by accreditation requirements, faculty in the Kansas State University humanities departments joined with representatives from university IT departments, facilities, and the libraries to …
- Importance of Informal Spaces for Learning, Collaboration, and Socialization
September 15, 2005
A session at the ELI 2005 Fall Focus Session
September 15, 2005 ELI054_156559 …
- High-Velocity Change: Creating Collaborative Learning Environments
July 19, 2005
This research bulletin describes how a group of individuals at the University of Kansas worked to design and implement a collaborative learning environment for students, based on theoretical and …