Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI hosted its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Fed. Regs. on Student Identity Verification, State Authorization of Distance Ed. Back on the Radar
April 16, 2013
As reported in today's Inside Higher Ed , the U.S. Department of Education (ED) has announced its intent to modify the rule-making effort it originally proposed last year …
- Sequester Impacts: Army, Marines Suspend Tuition Assistance
March 11, 2013
The American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) recently reported about another impact of the across-the-board automatic federal budget cuts known as the “sequester" …
- State of the Net 2013
February 13, 2013
The 9th Annual State of the Net Conference took place in Washington, D.C. on January 22-23, 2013. The conference, which is planned by the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee (ICAC), …
- The E-Learning Policy Environment (Updated 02/14/13)
February 12, 2013
I presented a session entitled "The E-Learning Policy Environment" this January at the EDUCAUSE Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference (MARC) and just last week at the EDUCAUSE Learning…
- 2013 Communications Policy Issues
January 23, 2013
I attended the Broadband Breakfast meeting last week, where Rep. Anna Eshoo and three Congressional staff gave an interesting preview of the communications policy issues to be addressed in the 11…
- Distance Ed Regulation Commissionâ€™s Work Continues
January 8, 2013
As highlighted before the holidays, in both a blog post and an EDUCAUSE Live! online presentation , the Commission on Regulation of Postsecondary Distance Education , chartered by t…
- Sequestration and the Re-launch of "Science Works for U.S." Website
November 28, 2012
Last week, APLU, AAU and The Science Coalition officially re-launched the website www.ScienceWorksForUS.org . This joint project aims to help demonstrate the "tremendous impact that feder…
- Latest News on State Authorization
November 20, 2012
Russ Poulin at the WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET) released a blog post this morning with significant updates on the state of play concerning state authorization. Major …
- ECPA Reform Letter in Support of Leahy Amendment
September 17, 2012
The Senate Judiciary Committee will take action on September 20, 2012 on an update of the Video Privacy Protection Act (H.R. 2471), which the House passed in December 2011, and attach provisions …
- A Comparison of the 2012 Republican and Democratic Platforms on Internet, Broadband, and Information Technology Policies
September 11, 2012
This document provides a summary of the 2012 Republican and Democratic Platforms, starting with a look at their overall approach to these areas, and then looking more closely at specific issues r…