Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- 7 Things You Should Know About CBE Tools
July 10, 2014
As competency-based education (CBE) programs become more prevalent, tools have emerged to support them, ranging from software utilities that enable a single type of student project to complex, cu…
- The LMS Selection Process: Practices and Considerations
July 8, 2014
With more than 80% of institutions offering online learning options and even more using web technologies to enhance traditional classroom instruction, the learning management system (LMS) is incr…
- California State University Northridge: Hybrid Lab Courses
July 7, 2014
California State University, Northridge’s Hybrid Lab course model targets high failure rate, multisection, gateway courses in which prerequisite knowledge is a key to suc…
- 7 Things You Should Read About Gamification/Game Principles in Instruction
July 1, 2014
Gamification or the application of game principles in instruction refers to the integration of organizational principles and reward structures of games and play to motivate learning in formal…
- Browsing the Web More Securely and More Privately With Firefox On Your Mac
April 28, 2014
This document is meant to help moderately technical users who are security- and privacy-focused make progress toward achieving online security and privacy goals when using an Apple Mac with the M…
- IT Restructuring: Challenges and Opportunities
July 14, 2014
Key Takeaways Driven by factors ranging from decreased financial support to changes in technology , IT restructuring is on the rise in higher education. Restructuri…
- Avoiding a Four-Alarm Fire in VoIP Migration
July 14, 2014
Key Takeaways When planning a VoIP migration , it is important to assess your fire alarm panel situation early as mitigating potential issues can be costly . Fire alarm …
- Consensus, Compromise, and Persistence: Implementing a Single ERP for 13 Colleges
July 14, 2014
Key Takeaways Using the multi-entity processing (MEP) model let the Colorado Community College System transform 13 instances of ERP at its individual community colleges into …
- Brain-Numbingly Strategic
July 14, 2014
Eric Hawley, CIO at Utah State University and a professor in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, received SearchCIO's Enterprise IT Leader of the Year Award for 2013. A…
- Technical + Functional Expertise = Student Success
July 14, 2014
Mike Reilly is Executive Director of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). Information technology continues to have a major impact on…