Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (65)
- Collaborative Learning (27)
- Assessment and Evaluation (25)
- Instructional Design (19)
- Active Learning (16)
- Instructional Technologies (16)
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) (16)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (15)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (13)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (71)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (68)
- Libraries and Technology (40)
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- The Space Is the Message: First Assessment of a Learning Studio
May 5, 2008
Â© 2008 Jim S. C. Tom, Kenneth Voss, and Christopher Scheetz. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 license ( http:/…
- ELI Discovery Tool: Learning Space Workshop Guide
January 18, 2007
We know that space can affect learning—but how? The answer to that question depends not only on our understanding of how people learn, but also our understanding of learners. And, as informatio…
- Commons 2.0: Library Spaces Designed for Collaborative Learning
November 9, 2007
Viewpoint Commons 2.0: Library Spaces Designed for Collaborative Learning The information commons must adapt and evolve to become Commons 2.0, fostering student learning in new and creative…
- Multimedia Services: Strategic Assets for Institutional Success
October 23, 2007
This research bulletin surveys the chief components of contemporary multimedia services in colleges and universities and describes some emerging practices for deploying and sustaining them in an …
- More Than Coffee and Wireless
July 10, 2007
"For several years now, the talk about libraries as student-oriented buildings has focused on amenities to enhance the visitor’s experience. Students want their coffee and comfy couches on…
- The Learning Cafe (Real@Caledonian)
January 1, 2004
Walk around any campus and you will see students working on group tasks with laptops and coffee in the refectory. Such facilities are designed more for the purpose of meeting food service require…
- Developing Collaborative Workstations
January 1, 2007
Good Ideas Developing Collaborative Workstations Careful consideration of student needs and testing of several prototypes yielded a successful model for collaborative workstations in the li…
- Forecasting Trends in Student Life and Student Technologies
April 23, 2007
Student Life is evolving exponentially and technology is driving the demands of the next generation of students. The prudent planning, financing, and operating of the Student Life facilities of t…
- Planning the Informal Learning Landscape
March 12, 2007
To support diverse learning styles and meet the needs of Net Generation learners, universities need to take a comprehensive approach to planning the spectrum of learning spaces on campus. The col…
- Learning Centers, Libraries, and IT: Providing Integrated Support Services in a Learning Commons
February 27, 2007
Several years ago, Colorado College embarked on an ambitious collaborative venture to create a new, experimental Learning Commons space in its library. The collaboration also spawned a group that…