Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Classroom & Technology Design & Construction Minimum Requirements
May 26, 2011
Pennsylvania State University's Classroom & Technology Design & Construction requirements. Includes an archive from 2005 to present. …
- Classroom Standards
January 1, 2004
Construction guidelines for classrooms at North Carolina State University. Construction guidelines for classrooms at North Carolina State Univers…
- Designing Learning Spaces that Promote Engagement
January 1, 2006
In 2005, Estrella Mountain and two corporate partners explored more effective approaches to the traditional classroom learning environment and engaged in discussions that resulted in the unique tra…
- Entering the Interaction Age: Implementing a Future Vision for Campus Learning Spaces
January 1, 2007
© 2007 Andrew J. Milne EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 42, no. 1 (January/February 2007): 12–31 Entering the Interaction Age: Implementing a Future Vision for Campus Learning Spaces...Today …
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, Volume 42, Number 1, January/February 2007
January 26, 2007
features Entering the Interaction Age: Implementing a Future Vision for Campus Learning Spaces . . . Today Andrew J. Milne With directed effort, some ing…
- E07 Podcast: Top-Down or Bottom-Up? Designing and Redesigning a Digital Campus Somewhere in Between
September 15, 2008
This thirty-two minute podcast features a session from the EDUCAUSE 2007 Annual Conference. The session, " Top-Down or Bottom-Up? Designing and Redesigning a Digital Campus Somewhere in Bet…
- ELI Innovations & Implementations—The Learning Grid, University of Warwick
January 1, 2006
The University of Warwick's Learning Grid is a flexible social learning space designed to challenge, motivate, and encourage students to explore new ways of responding to their courses. Wirele…
- The Psychology of Learning Environments
January 1, 2006
©2006 Ken A. Graetz EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 41, no. 6 (November/December 2006): 60–75 Reprinted by permission of the author, from Learning Spaces, ed. Diana G. Oblinger (Boulder, …
- Disconnects Between Library Culture and Millennial Generation Values
January 1, 2006
Viewpoint Disconnects Between Library Culture and Millennial Generation Values Libraries must consider changes in both policy and technology to remain relevant to the next generation of stu…
- Assessment of Learning Spaces
October 16, 2006
EDUCAUSE Vice President Diana Oblinger will moderate this Web Seminar with Sawyer Hunley and Molly Schaller, in which they will discuss how to assess the effect of learning spaces on teaching and…