Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (1166)
- Blogs (992)
- Agreements or Contracts (14)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (6359)
- Bibliography (10)
- Blogs and Wikis (62)
- Books and Monographs (95)
- Certification, Education, Training and Tutorials (44)
- Effective Practices (62)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (112)
- Interactive Graphic and Infographics (14)
- Letters (22)
- Plans and Guidelines (99)
- Policies and Procedures (418)
- Presentations and Seminars (8580)
- Programs and Projects (49)
- RFPs (13)
- Surveys (73)
- Tools (44)
- Vendors (5)
- Videos (61)
- Web Sites (48)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (7824)
- Teaching and Learning (5628)
- Policy and Law (2997)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (2555)
- Cybersecurity (2336)
- Federal Policy and Law (2301)
- Information Systems and Services (2052)
- Libraries and Technology (1785)
- Institutional Management (1674)
- Instructional Technologies (1673)
- Security Management (1551)
- E-Learning (1548)
- Planning (1181)
- Staffing (867)
- Campus Policy and Law (863)
- Digital Content (863)
- Support Services (842)
- Leadership (837)
- Learning (830)
- Teaching (828)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- INGENUITY PREP
December 5, 2013
Ingenuity Prep opened serving Pre-School and Kindergarten students in the nation’s capital, with plans to grow up to 8th grade. The school’s model is grounded on the four pillars of more ti…
- THE GREAT OAKS FOUNDATION: GREAT OAKS CHARTER SCHOOL OF NEW YORK CITY
December 5, 2013
In this charter school serving students in grades 6-12, the model combines an intensive tutor corps staffing and instructional model (adapted from Match Education in Boston) with blended learni…
- e3 CIVIC HIGH
December 5, 2013
e 3 Civic High embraces its urban setting and unique location in the state-of-the-art San Diego Public Library and maximizes its relationship with the downtown community to provide stude…
- Quality Matters for MOOCs: Results and Implications of the First QM MOOC Reviews
December 2, 2013
In this webinar we’ll present the results of the first set of Quality Matters reviews of MOOCs developed for general and remedial education students. The strengths and weaknesses, relat…
- Open Educational Resources: Breaking the Lockbox on Education
November 13, 2013
The Hewlett Foundation’s Education Program recently revisited its Open Educational Resources (OER) strategy in an effort to better understand how its philanthropic investments—within the co…
- 2014 Planning Guide for Data Management
December 9, 2013
Gartner's 2014 planning guide for data management can help institutions who are tracking, planning, or even implementing data management programs. The guide covers such concepts as big data,…
- Today’s Higher Education IT Workforce
January 13, 2014
Key Findings Soft skills are rated by chief information officers (CIOs), managers, and staff alike as being the most important skills for success. Technical proficiency was rated relati…
- Building the Connected Learning Platform-One Brick at a Time
December 5, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Building the Connected Learning Platform–One Brick at a Time
Imagine what would happen if CIOs knew that faculty and students could easily add services and applications in a matter of days instead of months, if instructors could seamlessly combine these to…
- Distance Learning, Distant Courtrooms
November 21, 2013
The authors, Luke M. Cornelius and Terence W. Cavanaugh, discuss the issue of distance education legal disputes between institutions in one state and learners in another state or country, where w…
- Getting Your Ducks in a Row: Governance, Risk, and Compliance
December 6, 2013
Diana G. Oblinger is President and CEO of EDUCAUSE. Information technology is critical to higher education. But unless aligned with the institution's goals and based on sound p…