Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (1188)
- Blogs (1132)
- Agreements or Contracts (14)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (6718)
- Bibliography (10)
- Blogs and Wikis (62)
- Books and Monographs (91)
- Certification, Education, Training and Tutorials (42)
- Effective Practices (62)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (113)
- Interactive Graphic and Infographics (16)
- Letters (23)
- Plans and Guidelines (99)
- Policies and Procedures (395)
- Presentations and Seminars (9396)
- Programs and Projects (49)
- RFPs (13)
- Surveys (74)
- Tools (46)
- Vendors (4)
- Videos (82)
- Web Sites (48)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- OpenID Connect: ECAR-WG Technology Spotlight
April 9, 2015
OpenID Connect is an “interoperable authentication protocol based on the OAuth 2.0 family of specifications” —that is, it uses the standardized message flows that OAuth makes available i…
- The Higher Education IT Service Catalog: A Working Model for Comparison and Collaboration
April 8, 2015
The implementation of a service catalog is an important step in transforming from a technology-oriented organization into a service-oriented organization. The service catalog is a veh…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Universal Design for Learning
April 6, 2015
Universal Design for Learning is a framework for the design of materials and instructional methods that are usable by a wide range of students. One aim of UDL is to provide full access …
- IT Governance Process and Structure
April 3, 2015
These are IT Governance and IT Organizational Structure resources for the University of Minnesota, including a description of the IT governance process. …
- Hadoop: ECAR-WG Technology Spotlight
March 30, 2015
Apache Hadoop is an open-source software project for reliable, scalable, distributed computing . Hadoop enables big-data storage and processing by dividing the work across computer clu…
- Vertus Charter School
March 26, 2015
The academic model of this charter high school for boys in Rochester, New York has four pillars: 1) strong relationships, 2) personalized year-round academics, 3) character education, and 4) care…
- Research to Ensure Access and Success in Higher Education
April 13, 2015
Key Takeaways The National Research Center for Distance Education and Technological Advancements arose in response to a national push to improve student access to a quality highe…
- 7 Things You Should Read About Innovative Approaches to Instructional Design
March 25, 2015
Higher education is experiencing unprecedented change, and new models and tools call for innovations in instructional design and assessment. The resources included explore a wide range of con…
- Building 21: B21 Philadelphia
March 25, 2015
As a non-selective neighborhood high school in the School District of Philadelphia, B21’s mission is to empower networks of learners to connect with their passions and b…
- InnovateEDU: Brooklyn Laboratory Charter School
March 25, 2015
Entrepreneurial learning is the backbone of this Brooklyn charter school network which opened in Fall 2014 to serve grades 6-12, including English language learners and students with disabili…