Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Collaborative Learning [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (25)
- Learning (25)
- Teaching and Learning (25)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (16)
- Computing Facilities (10)
- Collaboration (6)
- Technology-enhanced Classrooms (6)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (4)
- Team-based Learning (4)
- Active Learning (3)
- Assessment and Evaluation (3)
- Instructional Design (3)
- Instructional Technologies (3)
- Libraries and Technology (3)
- Collaborative Technologies (2)
- Computing Labs (2)
- Resource Sharing (2)
- Teaching (2)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Collaborative Learning Space Design for the Humanities
February 23, 2006
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference 2006
Spurred on by accreditation requirements, faculty in the Kansas State University humanities departments joined with representatives from university IT departments, facilities, and the libraries to …
- The Psychology of Learning Environments
January 1, 2006
©2006 Ken A. Graetz EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 41, no. 6 (November/December 2006): 60–75 Reprinted by permission of the author, from Learning Spaces, ed. Diana G. Oblinger (Boulder, …
- High-Velocity Change: Creating Collaborative Learning Environments
July 19, 2005
This research bulletin describes how a group of individuals at the University of Kansas worked to design and implement a collaborative learning environment for students, based on theoretical and …
- Collaboration to Create Collaborative Learning Environments
October 20, 2004
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2004 Annual Conference
With in-person traffic decreasing, and virtual traffic on the rise, libraries must adapt as students and faculty look for facilities to support new kinds of learning activities. This session will f…
- Capitalizing on Opportunity: Innovative Teaching and Collaborative Learning at Emory University
October 4, 2004
This case study examines the rationale and design of the Computing Center at Cox Hall at Emory University and the ways in which the Center supports innovative teaching and collaborative learning.…